beetroot

• 35 Replies

KIM200

beetroot
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 15:29 »
brilliant ! THANKS
cant wait to try it. the beets are cooking as i type.
kim

jennyb

• Hiding in the Greenhouse
    • My Blog
beetroot
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 15:32 »
i had another 2 of mine as baby beet lastnight,  decided to cook them.

put them in a little water in the microwave and covered them with cling - 5 and a half mins on full power and they were great!  ate them whilst still warm with my salad!

chrissie B

beets
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2007, 10:51 »
:D i have to say i didnt like beetroot at all having only tried pickled , my hubby loves it but here in greece the beets are sweet so i did him some of our own , then i saw a recipe for roasted just like spuds you can do them when you do the roast just a bit of olive oil , fantastic so im converted , also love beetroot chutney great colour and keeps well .
chrissie b.
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

jennyb

• Hiding in the Greenhouse
    • My Blog
beetroot
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2007, 17:16 »
try this:

peel raw beetroot and grate,  mix with horseradish (i used ready made from a jar).

line a baking tray with foil (good job i did and the juice leeks out!)  and using a ring/mould, layer the beetroot mix then thin slices of goats cheese, then more beetroot,  then goats cheese etc,  finishing with some goats cheese on top.

leaving the ring in place,  put in a hot oven (i think it was about 180) for about 15/20 mins til warm all the way through.

i served mine of a bed of salad leaves, cucumber and a few cherry toms.  drizzle with baslamic vinegar

and enjoy!

Lily

beetroot
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2007, 20:47 »
In France we eat beetroots in a salad with lamb's lettuce! It really goes well with it!
Do not underestimate the therapeutic values of weeding!
1 dog, 2 children, 3 good reasons not to spread poison!

muntjac

beetroot
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 20:59 »
boil, peel, slice thin with cucumber then bottle with apple cider vinegar  . add onions if ya wann makes a great mixed pickle
still alive /............

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 38 queries.