butternut squash & pasta recipe - yum yum

• 1 Replies

puravida

• Experienced Member
« on: November 04, 2006, 17:14 »
made this up last night in a bit of a 'ready, steady, cook' moment and it was lovely so thought I'd share :

peel and cube a butternut squash, toss in olive oil, salt, pepper and a goos sprinkling of dried chilli flakes then roast at 200 degrees for about 25 mins.

In the meantime, get your pasta on the boil. We had shells but it would work with most shapes I think. (note - Decent pasta is a must though, not cheap supermarket own label. Spend an extra 50p a pack and get proper Italian  branded stuff - De Cecco is my fave - nice and rough finish so really holds sauces to it!)

Now finely slice a leek and fry gently in plenty of butter until soft. Add in the roasted squash and put to one side until your pasta is cooked and drained.

Now add the pasta to the pan, throw in a big handful of fresh spinach, and stir in a couple of tablespoons of philadephia (or mascapone if you have it) and another knob of butter. Heat gently and stur until the spinach wilts and the cheese & butter melt and coat all the ingredients.

Then eat it with plenty of parmesan and black pepper.

As additions I would try (but didn't have them in the fridge) would be to stir in some toasted pine nuts or some crispy fried pancetta or bacon.

Woudl love to hear your thoughts if you try this out.
Good beer, good BBQ and good friends.

hayles62

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 07:17 »
I will try this next week, I had my first Butternut Squash last  week and it was lovely, my girls couldn't get enough, I melted Stilton all over it and served it with a Lamb caserole I do with lots of roots, it was ""Absolutley"" :D

xx
Recipe for Pasta Sauce

Started by Eblana on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post September 08, 2014, 09:20
by Steveharford
xx
Butternut squash

Started by engineer on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post November 06, 2018, 19:25
by engineer
xx
Butternut squash ...

Started by wellingtons on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

19 Replies
Last post October 15, 2006, 16:30
by Annie
xx
butternut squash

Started by noshed on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post August 14, 2006, 09:10
by James

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 38 queries.