lost Maddy :(

• 5 Replies

JACDORE

lost Maddy :(
« on: March 18, 2012, 19:21 »
Well some of you guys n gals were aware over last 3 weeks Maddy our last black rock wasnt well and so had been under vet care and on septrin.  First week she lost 100g.  Second week another 100g.  Then the 3rd week she became so lethargic and lost another 200g.  She was loosing her battle to stay with us and even having her in the house watching her eat baby food, oddns n ends, mealworms, etc, to try and bulk her back up was so saddening.  She'd shove her mealworms down and have to rest/closed eyed for around an hour or two.  On Wednesday, before her vet visit on thursday, she began struggling to breath and kept reaching.  I couldnt take that so rushed her to the vets within the hour as had to get hubby home from work and take and its 1/2hr journey from work 1/2 to vets.  Anyway he checked her over as I said "Maybe, just maybe" she has something stuck and thats why she isnt eating very well.  Well we all know we start thinking all sorts and coming up with instant answers.  As she'd lost the 200g, vet said there is no blockage, and even if we did have an answer she'd not do a U-turn in recovery now as was very thin underneath although puffed up (But that was through her being ill).  So we all decided (Well I had before the vet had) that sadly it was PTS time.  We were trying to keep her alive for it was her 3rd birthday on friday.  So sadly she was PTS and is now with her other 3 original true sisters that she came with.  Our very first batch that gave us the chicken bug.  Strange thing, the day she was PTS, was 2yrs to the day her true sister had died too.  Run free my darling Maddy catching heavens worms xxxx  We think from start of her being ill she had perontitus so know thats  :(
2 rottys 4 cats, 2 gecko's, 2 beardies, 2 hamsters, 1 guinea pig, 1 rabbit, 12 various fish, 6 hens, 1 hubby, (lol)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: lost Maddy :(
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 19:31 »
So sorry Jacdore.   :(   Please remember all the pleasure you had from your girls and the love and great life you gave them.  :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

JACDORE

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 19:33 »
oh yes, I certainly do ANHBUC, still got 5 ex batts running about, especially into my conservatory, lol lol  Thanks  ;)

helens-hens

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 13:12 »
Really sorry to hear about Maddy. I was thinking last week about post you had made a couple of weeks ago and was wondering how she was fairing.

You did everything possible which is all you can do. RIP Maddy
Helen

Beano

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 13:48 »
So sorry for your loss. It's a heart breaking decision to have to make. I find it's even worse when you have struggled for days/weeks to keep them going in the hope that they will recover.
El.

bantam novice

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 14:50 »
So sorry  :(
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

xx
Probably lost the first hen :(

Started by DeadlyNightshade on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 03, 2008, 09:21
by Vember
xx
lost a hen, so mad with myself

Started by silverteen on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post November 10, 2012, 09:32
by CattinJ
xx
just lost fav hen

Started by iowrooster on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post August 22, 2009, 20:54
by grumpydad
xx
A sad lost

Started by em&hens on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 28, 2008, 13:16
by Jellyhead

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 38 queries.