bedtime?

• 18 Replies

poohpouri

bedtime?
« on: June 01, 2009, 20:05 »
Hi my 5 weeks old Amberlinks are now outside and I was wondering what time everyone let theres out and put them to bed?
Thanks

Nickchick

Re: bedtime?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 20:28 »
I let my ex-batts out at 6.30am and they just go to bed when they are ready.  We do a head count and lock them in before we go to bed - which isn't that late considering I have to be up at 1/2 6 to let them out again!

The eggs make up for it!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 20:34 »
My hens are let out anytime between 5 and 6.30, the babies and their mum go to bed about 7 and the rest about 9.
Staffies are softer than you think.

karlooben

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 20:40 »
i let mine out at 6 am an then they go to bed about 8'30 when its nice like this , although i end up missing most of springwatch  :lol:.

i'd leave them out tell later but i get bored an very tired by 8.30but then again i am up at 4.40 am each morning
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 20:42 »
Ours go to bed as it starts to get dark, so 9.30 ish or later at the moment, but after mid summer's day they will start to go to bed earlier again!!!

poohpouri

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 20:46 »
Mine are stil out at present in their run with the door open to the coop but they have made no attempt to even go into it since Saturday I have been picking them up and putting them in is this okay and will they eventually work it out?

Bruced

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 21:11 »
Mine go back in the run about 6 with the coop door open. They then put themselves to bed whenever they like (around 8.30) and I shut the coop door and tidy up when I notice they have all toddled off to bed.

janeheritage

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 21:20 »
Mine wouldn't dream of putting themselves back in their run before bedtime. They are having far too much fun. However, as dusk comes I am more fearful of Mr Fox, so I put them away at sunset (20:58 this evening among our hills).

And I close the henhouse door when they are all tucked up - about 20 to 10 at the moment, dirty stop outs.

Whoever wakes up first lets them out. Having said that, if it's my husband he comes straight back to bed and goes to sleep. By which time I'm awake...  :dry:
No one can understand the truth until he drinks of coffee's frothy goodness

andreadon

• My Diary
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 12:08 »
Mine wouldn't dream of putting themselves back in their run before bedtime. They are having far too much fun.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

we put ours into the run when it starts getting a bit nippy - about half eight at the moment (because we have to be outside with them and we don't have feather duvets....)
then we check up on them and close the pop-hole for the night once it's been dark for about half an hour (less likely that they'll go back into the nest box then)  ::)
(they're allowed out into the run at about 10 past 5 in the morning now it's light at a stupidly unreasonable hour - i just go straight back to bed....)

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 12:48 »
Ours get up around 6 in the morning and are put back in the run around 7-7:30.  They put themselves to bed around 8:45 - 9 right now.  We have a huge fox problem in our neighbourhood, so we put them in the run early so they can wind down and be safe - just in case. 
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

LottieLotto

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 22:34 »
Ours are up and out at around 6 and they go to bed at around 8. They don't get their porrige til 9 though cos i'm not getting up at 6  :nowink:

joyfull

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 07:10 »
I only give mine porrige in winter and then only when it's really really cold.

darrena

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 20:22 »
what time do ducks generally  get up?
I'm getting two female welsh harlequins in a few weeks time

Dabhand

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 00:08 »
Ours are up and out at around 6 and they go to bed at around 8. They don't get their porrige til 9 though cos i'm not getting up at 6  :nowink:

Hi, so do they have an automatic pophole opener? or do they have a pophole that stays open?  Also, is the porrige cooked porrige?

joyfull

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 07:32 »
I let mine out myself in the mornings between 5 and 6 (early risers) in the summer about 7 in winter and give porrige  only when it's really cold in winter. Make porrige up with water only, and then leave it to cool a bit so it is warm, not hot.

xx
help with bedtime please

Started by zopadooper on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 14, 2011, 16:45
by AL Hathaway
xx
bedtime

Started by jaq on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 06, 2009, 16:02
by joyfull
xx
Bedtime?

Started by Gobsheen on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 29, 2012, 22:22
by splash101
xx
Bedtime?

Started by chuckmum on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post October 29, 2009, 13:56
by LittleRedHen

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 36 queries.