Tecumseh Vantage 35 Eco Tech engine probs

• 4 Replies

vron

• Experienced Member
Tecumseh Vantage 35 Eco Tech engine probs
« on: April 02, 2013, 13:14 »
Hi there, we bought the above engine in Oct 2007  as a replacement engine on our rotovator.
Everything has been fine until 15months ago.

So we sent it for a service (nov 2011) as we were having problems starting it.

It turned out that the Emulsion Tube in the carb had perished (blue plastic /nylon)
Fortunately for us he had one there from another engine and replaced it.

But once again the Emulsion Tube has perished in the carburettor, so the engine won’t start.

The Specs are as follows as taken from the engine.

Tecumseh vantage 35 Eco Tech:  ELV133E1  E-33102 (or could be E-33/02)   Then number:  23220038

On the carburettor is the number:  1006-H52.  Stamped on the nut that holds the bowl on is:  208

The Butterfly on the inside is stamped:  3-49

Also taken from the engine is:  1*97/68SN3-/A* 2002/88*0282*00.  Made in Italy  05  244.  Then below is 0011D.

We require a New Emulsion Tube, preferably not a plastic one or a ‘Service Kit’ that includes an emulsion Tube.

Or a suitable replacement carburettor for the above Engine.

The Carburettor is definitely  a Tecumseh, it has a large Red Primer Bulb, so I believe it is a ‘Dual  System Carburettor’ 

We are having problems obtaining the required parts in the UK.

My son has tried another carb on the engine and it started first time, then it flooded, any ideas how we can fix this.

We have e-mailed Tecumseh in France, but as yet no reply.

We hope you can help, many thanks.

Vron, Tara & Harley. (The black beastie)

"The more people I meet, the more I like my Dogs"

grendel

Re: Tecumseh Vantage 35 Eco Tech engine probs
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 13:44 »
I see a tecumseh service carburettor on ebay, but you would need all the parts off a similar existing one to get it working, and its a bowl type so thats probably not an option, I have an aspera engined rotorvator (same engine built under licence in the uk) and the main problems I have with it are all carburettor, one trick I have learned is when shutting down for the last time of the days use, switch the fuel off and let it run until it stops, this clears the fuel out of the carb so its not sitting - if it sits over winter the fuel will turn to a horrible dust as it evaporates, which will clog the carb, every year before I use the rotovator, I always end up cleaning the carb through with spray carb cleaner, blowing through all the jets etc to clean and clear them.
one of my engines (I have 2 identical) came with a dellorto carb on it, so that may be an alternative, there is a manual in the rotovator manuals section for the tecumseh carbs, so you may be able to get a part number for the emulsion tube, which would help your search.
a photo would help, as I have some spare parts having replaced one of my carbs with a service one, mine may have an emulsion tube, but its the float bowl type, so I wouldnt know if it was the same.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

grendel

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 13:54 »
Just watched a video of removing the tube, if you have access to a lathe (even a small one) I would have thought that you could construct a new tube from brass, though from the video it may just be the o rings that need replacing which would be a lot easier to get as those are available for pennies on ebay.
Grendel

grendel

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 14:19 »
just looked and my 'spare' stripped carb is of the old type with a metal non removable tube.
Grendel

grendel

xx
Tecumseh engine

Started by vron on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post May 16, 2011, 21:29
by R Tallentire
xx
Advice required re-tecumseh engine

Started by vron on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post August 27, 2011, 08:20
by Swed
xx
Valve timing of Aspera Tecumseh engine

Started by jackal on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post December 02, 2008, 19:50
by jackal
xx
Old Suffolk Engine Probs

Started by SimonIG10 on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post July 29, 2012, 15:58
by SimonIG10

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 40 queries.