What's for tea? 2018

• 939 Replies

snowdrops

Re: What's for tea? 2018
« Reply #420 on: July 28, 2018, 18:52 »
Home cooked ham with my marmalade topping, steamed potatoes,carrots,medley of beans & little courgettes fried in olive oil & butter with garlic,breadcrumbs & Parmesan. And since it’s Saturday a strawberry tart each from Sainsbury’s 😊 ooh & glass from the bottle of merlot that I was given by my plot neighbour last night
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

madcat

« Reply #421 on: July 29, 2018, 08:58 »
Curry munchies have struck again .... veg korma, beetroot curry and rice for OH tonight.  Good for a cold wet day ....
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #422 on: July 29, 2018, 09:06 »
Mmmmmm curry, but tonight's plans are already set.  I made salads yesterday (bean, coleslaw, tomato) to go with pork loin steaks.  We have the leftovers tonight with crusty bead and whatever OH finds or takes a fancy to at the Co-op later.  My money is on sausages or burgers, but as I am working and it will be tea in a hurry when I get in, anything will be good  :)

I have curries in the freezer though, so we could have them tomorrow.  But I also have lamb mince in there and courgette fresh from the plot, so meatball and sliced fried courgette in parmesan breadcrumbs has also caught my eye  :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #423 on: July 29, 2018, 09:31 »
I've got a lot of veggies at the moment, and a cool day for the oven to go on for bread, so I'm thinking of a nice thick Minestrone and crusty bread or cheese topped rolls with it :)

snowdrops

« Reply #424 on: July 29, 2018, 11:27 »
Hmm the me n u says turkey & ham pie, but just come back from the plot with a washing up bowl full of courgettes, some not so small! Eek. Minestrone soup sounds good but only got beans to go with it so maybe not. Might need to go & get cream cheese for my courgette & cream cheese soup, it freezes well, but then might need to persuade our son to switch his other freezer on & let me use it!

madcat

« Reply #425 on: July 30, 2018, 09:59 »
.... but then might need to persuade our son to switch his other freezer on & let me use it!

Bribery and ice cream corruption??   :nowink:  Amazing what the promise of some ice cream can do.  I've got the recipe for some dark chocolate and beetroot icecream that I am soooo tempted to try.  Think of the colour!! But no room in the freezer.  :unsure:

Anyway - I have cabbages splitting their round heads and beans that need picking (not sure that the french beans are going to do a lot more, the rain has come too late for them), so I think chicken and cabbage cass (the one with the golden syrup) with mixed beans.

wighty

« Reply #426 on: July 30, 2018, 19:28 »
curry munchies here tonight so chicken korma with naans and rice.  Jacket potatoes planned for tomorrow as I have to go out  and they can be in the oven on low.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #427 on: July 30, 2018, 19:32 »
A chicken leg with runner beans and peas, both from the plot  :)

Lardman

« Reply #428 on: July 30, 2018, 20:04 »
Special treat as I'm feeling sorry for myself - a cabbage.

It may get some mash put with it but I doubt it.  ;) It will have some salt and pepper and a goodly dollop of colmans english mustard made fresh from powder not the instant stuff.

snowdrops

« Reply #429 on: July 30, 2018, 21:28 »
.... but then might need to persuade our son to switch his other freezer on & let me use it!

Bribery and ice cream corruption??   :nowink:  Amazing what the promise of some ice cream can do.  I've got the recipe for some dark chocolate and beetroot icecream that I am soooo tempted to try.  Think of the colour!! But no room in the freezer.  :unsure:

Anyway - I have cabbages splitting their round heads and beans that need picking (not sure that the french beans are going to do a lot more, the rain has come too late for them), so I think chicken and cabbage cass (the one with the golden syrup) with mixed beans.

Haha no, he’s become a health & fitness freak, having lost 4 1/2 stones since last year!

madcat

« Reply #430 on: July 31, 2018, 09:36 »
Frozen soy yogurt so doesn't have the same bribery appeal!  :lol: :lol:  On the other hand - 60+lbs!!  Respect!!!!

Tonight we will be back to curry - spinach (actually beet leaves) and egg curry, with rice for OH.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #431 on: July 31, 2018, 09:52 »
Curry here as well (at last!).  Tamil nadu mince and a plain dhal are defrosting ready for when I get back tonight.  I'll add veg to the dhal, do a cucumber and mint yogurt and buy some poppadoms at some point of the day.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #432 on: August 01, 2018, 18:23 »
I've got haddock cooking on top of a layer of veg in the wok. Green beans and carrots to go with it.
Lots of plot veg cooking today  :D

madcat

« Reply #433 on: August 01, 2018, 18:50 »
There is a chicken cooking on top of a layer of lemon (heaven only knows how long they had been in the salad drawer) in the slow cooker.  Sauteed courgette and steamed cabbage to go with, plus some crusty rolls for OH.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #434 on: August 01, 2018, 20:10 »
Roasted vegetable lasagne with home grown aubergine, courgette and tomatoes  :D

xx

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 01, 2018, 17:32
by greenjay
xx
RHS Chelsea 2018

Started by DD. on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post May 16, 2018, 08:12
by rowlandwells
xx
What's the weather like where you are? (2018)

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

928 Replies
Last post December 21, 2018, 15:49
by mrs bouquet
xx
Fishing Season 2018

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

69 Replies
Last post December 07, 2018, 15:12
by Aled

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 55 queries.