Poultry Spice

• 3 Replies

Kathie

• Experienced Member
Poultry Spice
« on: October 01, 2010, 10:45 »
I've read that Poultry Spice is good for hens while moulting and have bought some to help our ladies.  The dosage is on the tub but no instructions as to how often it should be given. Can anyone tell me if it is a daily dose, weekly or monthly. Also at what age as we have a wide range from ex batts, 18 month olds and 16 week olds, we also have 8 week old ducks, is there any in this gang that shouldn't eat it?  Sorry for asking so many questions
Thank you
3 dogs now, 2 passed RIP Poppy and Paige, one wonderful husband and a new adventure on this wonderful island

orchardlady

Re: Poultry Spice
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 14:39 »
Hi Kathie. I use poultry spice and give one very heaped teaspoon full about once a week mixed into the afternoon corn with a good glug of cod liver oil, the oil helps the poultry spice to stick to the corn. I have about 40 hens and 6 ducks and they have about 2 handfuls of corn a day. I work on the basis that it does no harm and if it does some good brilliant. Don't know about younger birds but cannot see that there would be anything bad for them in the poultry spice.

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 11:42 »
Thanks for that info Orchardlady,
I think I may be overfeeding ours.  We have 10 hens/pullets and 8 ducks and there was always food in their feeder.  They get 2 cups of corn around 4 and often have a treat about 6 (rice, spaghetti etc).  Feeding has only become a concern since the ducks went completely free range as they would rather have the hens layers pellets than their own rearers.  They often move enmasse and pillage the chicken food and several times in the last week the feeder has been empty.
Heyho everday's a school day :D

orchardlady

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 20:44 »
Hi Kathie. I also have six ducks and they seem fine with the poultry spice, corn and COL mixture.

xx
Poultry spice feed/spice ratio

Started by jo40 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post August 02, 2009, 10:00
by hillfooter
xx
Poultry Spice, Poultry Zest, Garlic, Apple Vinegar, Verm-X, Liquid Tonic etcc

Started by OpiumEater on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post June 20, 2011, 09:28
by Kenilworth
xx
Poultry Spice

Started by Molly Hen on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 04, 2009, 11:09
by Foxy
xx
poultry spice

Started by mercury on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post January 12, 2007, 23:07
by muntjac

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 38 queries.