Silly question I know

• 9 Replies

ali2

• Experienced Member
Silly question I know
« on: April 03, 2010, 07:55 »
With the second dose of Flubenvet should it be 3 weeks after from the start of the first course or 3 weeks from the end of the first course....it is quite early in the morning so please excujse my dimness!!!! :unsure:
Dogs were born with three legs and a spare.

ehs284

Re: Silly question I know
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 08:14 »
Hi ali,
After the end of the first treatment is the answer to the question you asked, but is it really needed? The manufacturers recommendation is that 'Birds on the ground with known worm infestations are susceptible to re-infestation. In such cases, re-treatment with another 7-day course, after 3 weeks is recommended' This is because the worm stages can survive on the ground and be consumed by treated chickens. Have you a lot of birds? Did you treat them as a precaution or because they were infested and if so, do they go back onto the same small area which has not been cleaned? If not no need to treat again. The need for a second treatment is probably important for commercial undertakings, but for you?

Shall we open the question to ask others - how many give a second treatment?

carolbriar

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:26 »
I gave my hens flubenvet a few weeks ago and didn't do the 2nd dose as I didn't see any worms.  I did it as a precautionary measure as they hadn't started laying yet and wondered if that might be why.
2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Speckled Sussex,  1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 2 Barnvelders and 2 silver Pencil Wyandotes.

ali2

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 09:53 »
We have four chickens. I gave it to them as I had seen a worm in one of the poohs so know for sure they or at least one was infested...failry new to chickens and had been using Vermx before..they were at that point free roaming the garden but are now only in a fenced off part of the garden...couldn't cope with the mess of the borders 

- I understand they can pick up worm infestations from earthworms so wasn't too please to see two of them the other day fighting over one !

ehs284

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 18:28 »
OK go for it - probably not necessary, but if they are not otherwise ill, then they'll be fine. Don't panic, they can pick up parasites from wild birds, insects, grass, rodents, etc , etc. It is normal for animals to get parasites and they rarely cause harm in small numbers. Indeed there are suggestions that people with a small number of parasites are less likely to suffer from allergies. Changing run areas can help stop a build up in the soil/vegetation. HTH

ali2

• Experienced Member
Re: Silly question I know but when exactly from when !
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 08:45 »
Hi EHS I had thought I would give another dose seeing as  I knew that at least one had worms ...but I still don't know whether it should be 3 weeks from the beginning of the first dose or 3 weeks after the end of the first dose !!!!!!! :unsure:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 08:49 »
Hi it would be 3 weeks after the first course is finished  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 08:54 »
by the way ali2 no question is silly - the only silly things are those who don't ask questions and ignore any problems xx

RobH

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 09:07 »
I'm just about to get some Flubenvet for my birds. Not seen the instruction yet but can to continue to eat the eggs whilst worming?

ali2

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 09:22 »
Sorry EHS have just read your first response and you did give me the answer in the first sentence..must have skipped that bit and concentrated on the rest of your post ! ::) :blush:

Yes RobH - you can still eat the eggs....am now an expert on Flubenvet !!!! :happy:

xx
SILLY QUESTION

Started by ToHellWithWeeds! on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post November 21, 2007, 18:11
by Aunt Sally
xx
Maybe a silly question...

Started by Neelam on The Hen House

36 Replies
Last post October 16, 2013, 19:26
by Neelam
xx
Silly Question

Started by 5aday on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post September 26, 2007, 13:55
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Silly question

Started by t161tanya161 on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post January 20, 2012, 18:08
by kegs

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 39 queries.