I was going to ...

• 3 Replies

Goosegirl

I was going to ...
« on: March 16, 2019, 16:10 »
… get the rest of my greenhouse stuff sorted out, set some seeds off, barrow some paving stones which I need to make a little terraced bed around my sycamore tree, do some more power-washing on the back patio, dig out some unwanted plants and take a few pics of my spring flowers to cheer you all up. Am I 'eckerslike! Much as I deeply love you all, no way will I subject myself to being blown over onto some latent and hidden remnants of old and rusted wire netting, suddenly sploshing into a rather deep and unforeseen muddy hole which would empty most of its contents down my wellies, plus the H&S risks of trying to avoid various things outside that have escaped from their allotted places. I'm currently savouring opening my large box of seeds that arrived today whilst enjoying a large G&T (can you tell?) and looking forward to my long-awaited new mattress that's coming next Wednesday. OH has got a home-made lasagne in the oven, the fire's burning and the cat's are snoozing, so all's right with my little world.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

AlaninCarlisle

Re: I was going to ...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 19:55 »
I gave up gin and tonic many years ago. I felt the tonic-water was doing me no good, so switched to Scotch and water. Feel far better for it  ;)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 16:48 »
The road to Rome eh.   I think you absolutely have done the best thing.  :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 12:55 »
I gave up gin and tonic many years ago. I felt the tonic-water was doing me no good, so switched to Scotch and water. Feel far better for it  ;)
AC, if you're not drinking tonic water now and you decide having a trip abroad to a tropical region you'd better get your anti-malaria jabs sorted out because whisky doesn't contain quinine!!!

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 42 queries.