wing clipping

• 3 Replies

Geo

• Experienced Member
wing clipping
« on: April 18, 2012, 22:54 »
This subject has been discussed  more than once in the forum and I have been given no option. My Araucana has flown into next doors garden every day for a week now and they have said they are ok with it. I think they were being diplomatic and could not let it go on as she was making a mess.I waited till she had bedded down for the night and lifted her out and clipped her wing. I am now wishing I had just put up a 3metre high fence  :(

MrTwang

Re: wing clipping
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 23:45 »
At what age do they get flighty?

Mine are 15 weeks and slightly nosy... I really don't want them getting over to next doors garden (very unlikely they will) they aren't very flighty though unless they are playing games with me..!
The only time they really flap is when trying to turbo run.

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 19:28 »
the breeder clipped our chooks wings and it didnt hurt them at all although like other people have said it wouldnt help if they were being chased by a predator but ours are in a run and are let out when im home and im always in the garden with them as our dogs are in training around them lol  ::) to be fair though even with there wings clipped they do some almighty jumps and im still going to have to extend our fence lol ::) ::)

Geo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 19:51 »
Clipping the wing has stopped her getting away, she did however sit and moan when she realised she could not get over the fence. She had been getting close to a pidgeon that calls into next doors garden.

xx
Wing clipping

Started by Chickway on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 11, 2011, 09:02
by AL Hathaway
xx
wing clipping

Started by Selkie on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post August 28, 2007, 21:29
by Bodger
xx
wing clipping

Started by walker on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post February 08, 2010, 20:03
by walker
xx
Wing Clipping

Started by Floss16 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post October 26, 2011, 10:54
by Dominic

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 38 queries.