Kings

• 28 Replies

Christine

Re: Kings
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 20:27 »
Price David - Kings do good quality at a better price than you usually get at the garden centre.  :lol:

DavidT

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 21:17 »
Not if you don`t get your order they don`t. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also, if you talk nice to your local GC they will give you discount anyway, and not just on seeds.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 21:18 by DavidT »

Paul Plots

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 00:07 »
Price David - Kings do good quality at a better price than you usually get at the garden centre.  :lol:

I pay around 60p for a packet of Kings seeds that would normally retail at almost 3x as much so buying mail order reduces my seed bill enormously. I don't mind waiting and the seeds always arrive.  :)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

amc

• Experienced Member
    • Willow & Slate
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 08:47 »
I've never had any problems with Kings. Give em a ring, they are usually v. helpful.

Mr B

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 22:43 »
Hi All,
  Ordered my Onion sets, shallots and peas from Kings last night  and got an email back today. Amazing prices and only £1.50 for postage for the lot.
regards,
Chris

Paul Plots

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 00:00 »
Hi All,
  Ordered my Onion sets, shallots and peas from Kings last night  and got an email back today. Amazing prices and only £1.50 for postage for the lot.
regards,
Chris

I need shallots - may well check Kings for these if local garden centre remains out of stock...  :)

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 08:05 »
Why not just go to your local garden centre and buy what you want off the shelf, so to speak? Support local businesses, people. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would normally advocate this, but our local supplier has limited stocks when available and lack of variety. So (as mentioned elsewhere) until certain seed potato suppliers based near the Scottish border learn to use Royal Mail instead of trying to charge £15.00 for delivery, I will probably get my potatoes from eBay, with lots of email notification throughout the transaction.
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

cooperman

• Experienced Member
  • glass bottle bottle glass
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 22:55 »
Why not just go to your local garden centre and buy what you want off the shelf, so to speak? Support local businesses, people. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always buy my seeds from a local source albeit a garden centre - I only buy off the net if its summat unusual I cant get.....   
Death OR Cake ???

madcat

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 08:41 »
There is also a certain moral pressure to buy seeds from Kings via the allotment association as they get a small commission which goes towards keeping the mower in petrol and the fences fixed.  So I buy my seeds from Kings (via the association) and my bulk stuff from the independent garden centre (seed pots, shallots etc).  Try and keep everyone happy!
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 17:51 »
When ordering from kings do you get a confirmation email like you do a dt browns. Just that I put an order the other day but havent recieved any email and I dont want to re order incase it orders twice.
And yes I did send them an email asking if they had got it but they still havent replied
I think two possibilities:

Kings are not reading their emails or running their shopping-site well. This is not uncommon amongst companies that aren't heavily into internet orders - but I never understand why. If I phoned they wouldn't ignore me, why ignore my email or take several days to respond?

The second one is that maybe your EMail system is treating King's emails as Spam. So their confirmation email AND their reply to your enquiry would both have gone into your Spam / Bulk mail folder. Worth having a look there - indeed, worth checking your Spam fodler whenever you use an online service, most send out huge quantities of Emails and thus lots of [inferior!] Spam filters consider the senders as Spammers.

nobby

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 21:00 »
I ordered my seed from kings on internet 10 days ago they arived today all present and correct  :D

Janeymiddlewife

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 22:12 »
Mine all arrived today too - except they had no solent wight garlic so replaced with something unpronounceable bit it ends in "wight" too - so guess it will be Ok for growing in chilly UK soil! Must get down there to bung it in soon - only must remember where i planted it this year so i don't dig it all up again  :D

Mr B

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 15:14 »
Hi All,
   Ordered on the 8th delivered on the 12th, really can not complain at that service, they will  certinly have my custome in the future.

peanut

• Experienced Member
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 21:48 »
ordered mine on Saturday and got email confirmation within a few hours
Plot 11L Woodhall allotments, Chelmsford, Essex. 

It's against the law in Australia to fornicate with a kangaroo.................unless you are drunk!!!  Otherwise, it'd be disgusting :@

xx
Cabbages and Kings...

Started by viettaclark on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post December 05, 2009, 11:25
by peterjf
xx
Anyone heard of Kings Seeds?

Started by Ourveggiepatch on Grow Your Own

25 Replies
Last post August 15, 2009, 20:46
by Ourveggiepatch
xx
mold on cabbages (january kings)

Started by pran vallaba on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post December 01, 2008, 10:12
by penance
xx
Kings Heath Park Garden Show

Started by bazial on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post September 03, 2010, 18:36
by bazial

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 35 queries.