Things are not going so well

• 11 Replies

animal mad

• Experienced Member
Things are not going so well
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:47 »
 :( some of you have might seen on the poultry rehoming area I have just been given 7 days to move off one of my fields because the owner has seen a rat hole!!! I have bait down all the time dig out rat tunnels what else can I do. Anyway she said the rats are here because I don't poo pick the grass, it is just over 1 acre with 12 chickens in!! Luckly I have 2 other fields so I still have other birds and the owners of those fields are lovely. I dont why some people are so difficult, my husband deployed to afghan last month and is away for 7 months, she knows this and seems to want to make my life even more stressful than it already is. Sorry rant over just needed to write it down. Thanks all fine now.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Things are not going so well
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:57 »
by the sounds of it you are better off leaving her alone to stew in her own misery - rats are everywhere and if she has fields they will be there to get the crop seeds not because of your chickens. The rats near us live in the fields and on the beck side for most of the year but over winter come to my garden for food (they get a lovely treat of rat poison  ::)).

Can you not move your welsummers to one of your other fields? I really would love them but you are just too far  :(
Staffies are softer than you think.

gracie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:30 »
Sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this. Hope the move goes well with the chickens to the other Field. Do rats come after chicken poo? Is the owner being a bit naive, plain awkward or is she right? My chicks haven't gone outside yet so no experience of this.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:36 »
Rats? chicken poo?  What a stupid woman!  She's got fields, like Joy said the rats will go after anything they find edible, and chicken poo isnt one of them.

Oh Vicky, I hope you can maybe move your girls and boy to one of your other fields.  Or have you advertised locally?

Please don't get yourself even more stressed.  I was an army wife many many years ago with a husband who went to N. Ireland, so I do know how you feel.

Good luck love!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 11:01 »
I've just been looking at the swap shop posts and you say you think you have rehomed them - good news but what a shame this woman is putting you in the position of having to lose your flock. 

Your insensitive landlord needs a reality check of what is and what is not a major problem.  7 days to vacate - its rats not bubonic plauge for heavens sake  ::) There is no reasoning with the idiot fraternity and she sounds like a prize one  :mad:

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 12:59 »
You just rant all you want to!  This must be a very worrisome and frustrating situation for you!  I wish you success.
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

animal mad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 22:39 »
Thanks for all your support, I was starting to doubt if I missing something, they have gone to a friends farm for the moment. Hopefully we will get our own land when Andy gets back, I feel calmer today, it will be good not to have to dance to her stupid rules.

NormandyMary

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 19:19 »
I for one, will be thinking about you, and also for your hubby doing great work overseas.

All the best,

Mary.

flitwickone

• We Dig For Victory
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 19:50 »
all the best from me too hope all works out well

as for that lady  :tongue2:  i hope she gets a reality dose asap

bantam novice

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 21:47 »
Hello Animal mad,
Just want to add my support.   
If you are stuck PM me and let me know.  I may be able to home your girls temporarily.
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

animal mad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 13:38 »
Thanks for all your support. I have no left that field which is brilliant no more stupid rules to go by. When Andy gets home in October we are going to look to move to a house with land so hopefully no more hassle.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 14:05 »
fingers crossed you find what you are looking for xx

xx
The things chickens do.

Started by hillfooter on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post August 07, 2010, 10:23
by joyfull
xx
All things chickeny....

Started by loretta cluck on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post January 16, 2013, 20:58
by Bev
xx
Things not to do if you have a stiff neck.............

Started by 8doubles on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post May 02, 2013, 17:41
by ANHBUC
xx
Daft things that chickens value

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post May 28, 2017, 21:03
by New shoot

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 40 queries.