Suspicious husband

• 20 Replies

Pertelotte

• Experienced Member
Suspicious husband
« on: March 29, 2011, 15:35 »
Recently I've been really nice to my other half.

I've let him loose with the remote, said nothing whilst the footie was on and kept plenty of cold ones in the fridge. I've even given my hardworking hubby a shoulder rub or two. All this because I love him.  ::)

So how does he repay this TLC? "You're not getting more chickens in while we're on holiday, are you?"  :

Moi? The very idea!  :ohmy: :ohmy:

Am I the sort of person to let a little old lady (Mum) who's chicken sitting while we're off enjoying sun, sea and - if he's a good boy, sangria - deal with an underhand delivery? Especially since cornering an old lady in the 'worm corner' is NOT nice behaviour; however fluffy your feathers might be.

How do I get him to be more reasonable?

Pertelotte

Tigerwren

• Experienced Member
Re: Suspicious husband
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 16:21 »
Maybe he is making a sly suggestion by putting ideas into your head... Could you tell him that you thought the question was rhetorical? Or maybe get him very tipsy on the sangria and tell him he begged for more chickens while under the influence??

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 17:13 »
Mine would also be deeply deeply suspicious faced with such behaviour.  I think he knows you too well  ;)  So what are you up to then - must be something really norty if you are buttering him up so much  :lol:

Pertelotte

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 20:00 »
Me? Naughty?

I must 'fess up to thinking about a couple of Light Sussexes, but thanks to Tigerwren's brilliant suggestion, I'll do it and tell him it was all his idea along and it was what he really wanted.  :D :D

Of course he benefits by getting tipsy on Sangria. And something else if the sangria's not strong enough.

Now, That is naughty.  :lol:

I knew I was among friends. Now, where's the chicken man's number? I think it's currently on speed dial ...

jinty1911

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 20:30 »
Ha ha Ha.  A woman after my own heart.  :lol:  :lol: Last night I told my Stepson that he was buying me a blue Orpington bantie for Mothers Day, then told my hubby Ross was buying me a blue Orpington bantie for Mothers day, but of course I can't just have one by itself can I?  :lol:  :lol: Just can't find any locally  :(

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 20:44 »
Since my original plan agreed with OH was 3 laying hens and we would cull then when they stopped laying and replace them I cannot point a finger.

We are now up to uuurrrrrrmmmm 12 including 2 boys, 3 OAPs and 2 scraggy herbert chicks.  I am a terrible influence and you should probably immediately stop speaking to me Perlotte  ;)  :lol:

Can't you get Blue Orp hatching eggs Jinty.   Then you could get an incie..........Doh there I go again  :nowink:

jinty1911

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 20:57 »
Since my original plan agreed with OH was 3 laying hens and we would cull then when they stopped laying and replace them I cannot point a finger.

We are now up to uuurrrrrrmmmm 12 including 2 boys, 3 OAPs and 2 scraggy herbert chicks.  I am a terrible influence and you should probably immediately stop speaking to me Perlotte  ;)  :lol:

Can't you get Blue Orp hatching eggs Jinty.   Then you could get an incie..........Doh there I go again  :nowink:

Don't need an incy when I have 2 very willing broody girls.  Just need to watch the new cycle now that Gracie isn't here.  But think would rather find the Orps POL, saves the boy hassle (eh Joyfull?   ;))

gillian62

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 09:27 »
I think my DH has given up with me!

We started with 3 last year when a friend couldn't take them to her new home.  Then we added 2 more. (all hybrids)

We now have 11 - selection of hybrids, LF & bantams. 

He doesn't moan about the lovely eggs he eats though - so think he quite appreciates them actually.

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 09:32 »
Sometimes the ultimate carrot will only do.  Bring on the Sangria and then 'that' and then the hens - in that order - or possibly the opposite order.  Works both ways!   ;)
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

Casey76

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 09:45 »
Oh, the joys of living by oneself  :tongue2:

Go to a show... Oh don't those girls look nice - come home with two brahmas.

Go to the gardencentre (on the premise of buying a new coop)... Oh look at those poor girls all squished in together - come home with three production red layers.

Oooh I really fancy some ... - hatching eggs in the incubator results... 1 cross breed, 18 bantam dottes, 4 brahmas, 13 Marans, 2 sabelpoots (with another 12 cooking)... and I also have 5 production naked necks and I'm picking up 5 hybrid cendré today.

I daren't add them all up lol!

To make life interesting I'm being sent on assignment to Argentina for 6-8 weeks in May and Jun, and my mum is coming out to house sit... she thinks I have 4 hens *oops*  :tongue2:

jinty1911

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 19:33 »
I'll come and chicken sit  :D All those lovely little babies  :D  :D

Can't you get Blue Orp hatching eggs Jinty.   Then you could get an incie..........Doh there I go again 

Err I am not allowed to mention hatching eggs or I'll get into trouble from Joyful.

YOU MUST NOT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO HATCH EGGS  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Chrysalis

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 19:51 »
Ha ha Ha.  A woman after my own heart.  :lol:  :lol: Last night I told my Stepson that he was buying me a blue Orpington bantie for Mothers Day, then told my hubby Ross was buying me a blue Orpington bantie for Mothers day, but of course I can't just have one by itself can I?  :lol:  :lol: Just can't find any locally  :(
Still no luck, Jinty?  Have you tried the Orpington club in Preston (again, not far off M6).  Just googled blue orp. and it came up... good hunting. or victoriaspoultry.co.uk

Casey76

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 20:46 »
When I picked up my new chicks today I was told that the three commercial leghorns I had previously been told were not available, will be arriving in 15 days  :ohmy:

That will bring my total number of chickens up to 43... and I still have another 12 sabelpoot eggs in the ncubator  :ohmy:

Pertelotte

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 22:24 »
YOU MUST NOT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO HATCH EGGS  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Incubator. What a manly technical word. Something with plugs and leads and little lights and stuff.

OH Has told me that chocolate eggs are just a rip off. Far better to buy something with a longer shelf life.  :mad:

But eggs at Easter's traditional. Hmmnnn.   :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

If only it wasn't too late to cancel that order for the surprise arrival when we get back home. Did you realise that the post holiday, sangria malaise plays old hob with the memory cells .... I suppose I can wait until his birthday for the big pressie. You now, when the Chinese warned about the wrath of a patient man they said nothing about the patient chicken keeper.

I can now promise faithfully never to order another new chicken. Ever. And even tell the truth.

You guys have such wonderful ideas. Thank you.

P xxx

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 21:23 »
Tut Tut fancy taking advantage of the chicken man whilst getting your beloved tipsy. How will the chicken man live with himself? Again Tut Tut.  :D :D :D
The best way to learn to do something is to do something.

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 30 queries.