Chicken passed away

• 6 Replies

Devonian

Chicken passed away
« on: January 26, 2011, 09:03 »
My maran has been poorly for a few days and yesterday the vet gave her some Bayrol and a 50/50 chance.  Sadly this morning I went to check her and she was dead.

My question, strange as it may sound, is I am wondering when she actually passed away.  I found her at 8.00am today but she was still quite warm but her legs were very stiff, her comb was red but not as red as normal.

I can't help thinking that if I got there 10 minutes earlier I could have been with her whilst she slipped away. 

Any information would help me - thanks!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Chicken passed away
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:39 »
sadly this is something you will never know, however you can rest assured she will have known that she had a lovely life with a caring owner - hugs xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

Oliveview

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:53 »
We have lost a few hens over the past few years since we have been keeping them,  we lost Emu today.  With hens one minute they can be fine and the next minute gone, I can´t help you with the time scale though, I would guess she had gone not long before you found her.
I think that animals often choose to go alone, it is their instinct I think.
Pamela

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 16:27 »
Sorry for your loss, lots of us have had the same sad experience and know exactly how you feel when there are unanswered questions.
3 dogs now, 2 passed RIP Poppy and Paige, one wonderful husband and a new adventure on this wonderful island

Bonniebean

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 16:44 »
Devonian, please don't torture yourself over the time she died. I had one die in my arms the other day but realistically she had already gone to sleep the night before and I had said my goodbyes then, not expecting her to see the morning. You gave her all the love and care you could, I am so sorry  but you cannot change anything so don't be hard on yourself. Lol Sue.

loam ranger

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 19:19 »
Sorry for the loss of your hen Devonian, I went to the allotment this afternoon after work and found one of my cream crested legbars dead with half of its head missing, dont know what happened to it , when I checked on them at 7am this morning all seemed well?.
These things do happen :( .
Geoff

Pol

• Pauline
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 20:27 »
Sorry to hear of your loss
1 Great Husband, 2 Children, 1 Grandson, 2 Allotments & Secretary, 3 Buff Orpington, 2 Friesian, 2 Barnevelder, 2 Dogs 1 Cocker Spaniel and the other X Labrador, 1 Chinchilla, 1 Cat, 2 Guinea Pigs, 2 Horse and look after 2 more, must be mad

xx
Our Molly has Passed On

Started by LittleRedHen on Chicken Chat

10 Replies
Last post April 11, 2011, 14:40
by sneezer
xx
Chicken and cat

Started by Beano on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post February 09, 2011, 19:44
by jinty1911
xx
chicken poo

Started by billathome65 on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post April 02, 2011, 19:34
by billathome65
xx
Chicken was almost put down

Started by Oliveview on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post June 30, 2013, 00:09
by Oliveview

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 39 queries.