York Rare Breed Show and Sale

• 17 Replies

Bodger

« on: April 25, 2008, 12:19 »
My mate the gamekeeper nipped in this morning, to say that its the York sale tomorrow and that he's off up there this evening with two trios of faverolles that he's selling. There are around 250 lots of poultry for sale along with other larger livestock. He reckons its likely to be a sellers market as far as the poultry is concerned.

http://www.ylc.co.uk/auctions.php?zid=11

mtoyne

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 13:54 »
Oh my god, keep me away from there. I live 10 minutes away. Somebody hide my car keys. I must not buy any more chickens.

babe

• elvis king of chooks
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 15:00 »
Quote from: "mtoyne"
Oh my god, keep me away from there. I live 10 minutes away. Somebody hide my car keys. I must not buy any more chickens.

nooo mtoyne... you must go... it is your destiny to buy lots of chooks tomorrow....and post lots of pictures when you get home.

you have to consider what may happen to all those poor chooks if you dont go and buy them  :cry:

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 16:43 »
I don't believe it I am going tomorrow and I was going to look at the favs.  Bodger if you happen to read this before your mate sets off for York can you ask him if he has any fav eggs as I would really like some to go in the incubator.

Will also put some batteries in my camera and take a few pics but unfortunately I can't stay too long as I have eldest daughter to ferry around.  :(
40 hens, 8 cockerels, 3 dogs, 2 rabbits, 8 chinchillas, 2 teenage daughters and O/H

Bodger

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 16:53 »
I think I'll be too late but I'll try his number when I get home from work. I'll certainly put you in touch with him anyway. He has Salmon Faverolle bantams as well. :D

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 16:56 »
Small world isn't it been looking for faverolle bantams for awhile then decided on LF now I find I could have both :roll:

Would be good to meet up with your friend though if possible let me know if its ok if you get chance.  Thanks

Foxy

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 17:49 »
I have the best favs in the world and are exhibiton quality- so if you want some I have some available now if interested!
The daddy is on the photo competition! :lol:  :lol:

Would love to go to York tommorrow!!

mtoyne

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 20:59 »
Quote from: "babe"
Quote from: "mtoyne"

nooo mtoyne... you must go... it is your destiny to buy lots of chooks tomorrow....and post lots of pictures when you get home.

you have to consider what may happen to all those poor chooks if you dont go and buy them  :cry:
 :lol: babe im already pushing it with the 5 ive got. Only got a regular garden. i need a farm. chickens are addictive.

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 22:18 »
I went and only one trio of favs there, I think they went for around £100.  Got jostled about abit with the crowd when the auction started so not positive of the price.

I didn't buy any birds but did buy some chook drinkers and feeders so they will be happy.  :D

Did anyone else go?

Foxy

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 23:15 »
crikey £100!!! Cant believe it..... mine are a good strain and wouldn't charge that. Here are mine  :lol:  :lol:

This is Bigfoot when he was a young lad last summer.... :lol:

Bodger

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 06:24 »
My mate wil be dead chuffed with getting that amount, although I know he paid a good amount for his original stock. He's a poultry judge.

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 08:45 »
Quote from: "Bodger"
My mate wil be dead chuffed with getting that amount, although I know he paid a good amount for his original stock. He's a poultry judge.

Are you sure he came Bodger as I said there was only one trio of favs and I was expecting three?

Bodger

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 14:15 »
He came to the shop for cardboard boxes and definately took two trios of Faverolles  there.

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 18:22 »
Quote from: "Bodger"
He came to the shop for cardboard boxes and definately took two trios of Faverolles  there.

Well that is seriously weird as I only saw one trio arh well not to worry.  I hope your friend got a good price for his too.

I am hooked now I have to have some fluffy favs to go with my araucanas and silkies.  :lol:

Bodger

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 20:05 »
Between you and me, I don't like them. :oops:
Chickens are roughly split into two types for showing purposes. Thats soft and hard feather. I prefer the hard feather varieties in the main.

I've just been on the phone to my mate and he says that he didn't take his two trios after all. :oops: He says that he saw the trio that was forward and that the the cock was the same same size as his faverolle bantams.

xx
Rare breed

Started by Suzybat on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 01, 2011, 22:42
by Suzybat
smiley
What rare hens should I breed?

Started by thomasj on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 14, 2009, 10:42
by Foxy
xx
Rare Breed Cockerels

Started by un_clucky13 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post November 28, 2006, 13:58
by un_clucky13
xx
Rare Breeds Sale if your interested

Started by slowef on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 16, 2007, 19:38
by slowef

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 39 queries.