Am annoyed with Shell energy changes.

• 4 Replies

Goosegirl

Am annoyed with Shell energy changes.
« on: May 10, 2024, 09:28 »
I have used Shell energy since we moved here and they've been fine; however, I recently received an email from Octopus energy but deleted it as I thought it was a scam. Apparently they've taken over Shell energy customers and I've had no notification of this. Cue panic! Just been on Octopus website and had to set up my account which I did, then found my energy usage part and been told I was recommended to reduce my monthly payments by quite a lot as I am in credit but I didn't think I was that much to warrant it. Anyone else had this experience? 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Am annoyed with Shell energy changes.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 09:51 »
I got switched in 2022 when my supplier failed. It was quite seamless, apart from the delay in credit transfer from old to new account.
I was just cross that it meant I was back with the company I'd left earlier that same year  >:(

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 14:38 »
I don’t know about the switching problems, but I had an email from my energy supplier a while back about checking direct debit amounts.

It said the Government had changed the law to make sure that energy companies were not holding huge amounts of customer cash. I assume this was in response to the publicity a while back about this  :unsure:  Anyway, my account is on line so checked my DD, all OK, all done.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 09:19 »
It's just the not knowing from Shell that got to me and gave me several stressful moments. Also, why Shell didn't reduce my payments as I used to be able to adjust them online, when Octopus did it for me so I could pay less each month.  :wacko:

Christine

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2024, 14:58 »
You'll probably get the hang of how the Octopus website works given a bit of time GG. But yes, it's easy to miss emails saying that your supplier has been taken over if you aren't expectingi it. 

xx
Switching energy companies.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 26, 2020, 12:20
by Goosegirl
xx
Energy saving sites.

Started by dugless on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post April 29, 2020, 20:59
by JayG
xx
'Bulb' energy supplier

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post June 02, 2018, 21:53
by hasbeans
xx
Changing Energy Suppliers

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

27 Replies
Last post June 01, 2019, 22:34
by jezza

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 29 queries.