Insulating a greenhouse

• 1 Replies

rainie

Insulating a greenhouse
« on: January 16, 2011, 19:57 »
Unsure if this is in the correct area :unsure:

I have started, almost completed lining my greenhouse with bubble wrap this weekend. It was pressure washed before the snow and ice last year and I used Jeyes. At the moment I have done full lengths from floor one side, up the wall, over and across the roof and down the other side to the floor. And also the back wall.
I was thinking that as it is still cold and in the frost season, the windows wouldnt be in use so have left them covered too. I thought when it got warmer, I could cut three sides around the bubblewrap over the window and roll it back. What do you think?

My concerns are 1, no air circulation, but it isnt airtight, and seeds/young plants rotting. 2, bugs getting between the glass and bubblewrap, and 3, overheating in the summer, as I read somewhere it would also be a good way of shading, but I'm not convinced on that one.
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.

SUTTY1

• Pumpkin Champion 2010 / Super Winner of the Tallest Sunflower Competition 2011
  • Experienced Member
Re: Insulating a greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 20:55 »
It will keep  the g'house cooler in the summer, just as double glazing keeps a home cooler

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 38 queries.