Where to put my Radishes?

• 2 Replies

Steph

Where to put my Radishes?
« on: March 15, 2009, 12:15 »
Hiya,

I've been checking up on crop rotation and I think I've got it sorted in my head, but I just wanted to check about radishes.

I've bought some Italian Radish (candela di fuoco), some mixed coloured (easter egg) and some of the white icicle radishes:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Premier-Seeds-Direct_Vegetables_Radish_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ10116781QQftidZ2QQtZkm.

Would the long thin radishes be happy in the same bed as the carrots? (only because I was going to make sure the soil was finer and deeper in the carrot bed)  or do they have different soil requirements?

Hopefully I will have different raised beds built by the end of today for brassicas, root veg, dwarf beans, courgettes, and salads. (just waiting for Chris to get back from the tip and Focus with the 2 x 2 I want for the corners)

catch you later

Steph

celjaci

• Experienced Member
  • celjaci = Bosnian peasant!
Re: Where to put my Radishes?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 12:57 »
Radishes are brassicas and ought really to go in that plot for rotation purposes although the small ones are in the ground for such a short time it may not make much dfference.

Since you are obviously a radish fan are you also going to grow winter radish ? few people do but they are well worth the effort
Playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order!

Chuffy

• Experienced Member
Re: Where to put my Radishes?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 21:49 »
Radishes are brassicas and ought really to go in that plot for rotation purposes although the small ones are in the ground for such a short time it may not make much dfference.

Since you are obviously a radish fan are you also going to grow winter radish ? few people do but they are well worth the effort
I did! Black Spanish Round and Munchen Bier. Planted both back in late autumn and I'm still picking them now, they seem to hold very well without going woody.

xx
Radishes

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 07:25
by DD.
xx
What to put where my radishes have been?

Started by samnorfolk on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 01, 2013, 23:01
by solway cropper
xx
Radishes

Started by lentil987 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 22, 2006, 08:40
by shaz
xx
Dud radishes

Started by James on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 19, 2006, 19:24
by James

Page created in 0.418 seconds with 39 queries.