NETTEX anti pecking spray warning

• 3 Replies

cywbach

NETTEX anti pecking spray warning
« on: July 17, 2013, 13:23 »
Hi there, I've just had a traumatic morning with 4 seemingly near death hens after using NETTEX anti pecking spray.  Within 10 minutes of using the spray, all 4 hens had keeled over, were gasping for air, shaking and chattering, legs in the air and could not walk or right themselves.

After panicking, I brought the hens in one at a time and washed them, tried to encourage them to drink some water.  All of them were very lethargic and not interested in food or water.  One of them is able to stand up now but the rest are still drowsy.

The most the hens had was 3 sprays in the affected area, and one hen only had one shot of spray so I would be surprised if this was associated with an overdose.  In any case there is no warning on the label about mounts of liquid to be used. 

When I rang the company they suggested that it may have affected the chickens due to the heat.  However, this happened at 8am this morning in a shady garden, and although I don't rule out the heat as an exacerbating factor, there is no warning on the label regarding heat either.

So...be careful people

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: NETTEX anti pecking spray warning
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 13:44 »
It could have been due to the weather, even at 8am.  Or was there a breeze that may have wafted the spray towards the hens heads?

I've used Nettex on several occasions with no problems.  It isn't the most effective stuff I've used, but that's another post!

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 18:07 »
Is it the first time you have used this batch?  If it is to be on the safe side I would contact the company again and ask them to have yours tested.  They should send you something to cover the cost of postage and reimburse you for the product.  If they are not keen I would contact Trading Standards for advice.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 18:47 »

It could have been due to the weather, even at 8am.  Or was there a breeze that may have wafted the spray towards the hens heads?

I've used Nettex on several occasions with no problems.  It isn't the most effective stuff I've used, but that's another post!
Is it the first time you have used this batch?  If it is to be on the safe side I would contact the company again and ask them to have yours tested.  They should send you something to cover the cost of postage and reimburse you for the product.  If they are not keen I would contact Trading Standards for advice.

I agree as lots of people have used Nettex without any problems.
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Any reviews on Nettex Poultry Anti Pecking Spray please?

Started by Mum2mj on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post July 18, 2013, 16:42
by angelavdavis
xx
anti hen pecking spray

Started by westie on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 19, 2008, 17:06
by Lost in France
xx
Will using anti feather pecking spray put off my cockerel?

Started by Helenaj on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 03, 2012, 14:02
by Helenaj
xx
anti mite spray

Started by ceri green on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 01, 2009, 21:45
by broodyhen

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 39 queries.