yarrow..........old fashioned?

• 2 Replies

Carollan

• Experienced Member
yarrow..........old fashioned?
« on: September 19, 2011, 08:19 »
I know composting is maybe a tired old subject,but I`m looking for anything that can help!

I use pee and comfrey and a smattering of horse manure.I would like to be organic and wonder if there are any ``old timers`` out there who can tell me if yarrow is really a good accelerant?

I visited the oldfashioned website,where they say,only one leaf of yarrow to a wheelbarrow load will produce results.I have a herb book which states exactly the same thing.I want it from the horses mouth.....does it really work?

You see,the only yarrow round here is on some grass verges,and I`m sure I look a bit eccentric picking the leaves and stuffing them in my pockets........... :wacko:

strangerachael

• Weedybeanz
Re: yarrow..........old fashioned?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:13 »
I wouldn't worry about looking eccentric  :wacko: but as long as there are no laws against picking it (I wouldn't know) then there's no harm in giving it a try - go for it and let us know if it works!
Rachael

savbo

Re: yarrow..........old fashioned?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 09:21 »
I'm not dismissing it out of hand, but the leaves are very unsubstantial, so I'd be sceptical about how much there is in terms of minerals...

I'd go for making tea from the yarrow then peeing on the heap...  :)

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 28 queries.