WARNING - especially to those in Kent

• 23 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: WARNING - especially to those in Kent
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 08:16 »
as those of you are all local to each other it would seem that he wants to put you out of business so he can dominate the selling of birds in that area. Which is daft - I live just a couple of miles from Grannie I have chickens like her and also sell my eggs (I don't sell my chicks whereas Grannie does). In a radius of less than 10 miles there at least 10 small breeders and hen keepers who also do the same with prices ranging from £1.50 to £2.00 per dozen eggs - mine are the most expensive as they are organically fed - and chicks/ducks/turkeys selling from £1.00 for day olds through to £40 for a pure breed POL. If you go through Boston you will find even more. We all survive side by side with no problems, no nastyness and like me and Grannie will even help each other out with new bloodlines etc.
This man is evil and you need to inform as many local breeders as you can.
Staffies are softer than you think.

lisa80

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 08:43 »
I have had many emails from people asking for chicks and hatching eggs in bulk but i do it as a hobby and although i could probably provide what they need i have decided not to go down that route.Most of the time these people are not willing to pay a fair price and i wont buge when i know there is still a profit in it for them.I have in the past sourced hatching eggs for people as i cant always provide enough to fill an incy but thats as far as i go. I have a few good friends in the chicken world we all help each other sometimes to fill larger orders but we never make a profit out of each other .We try hard to breed different breeds so that we dont swipe each others business and it works well.People like this make me really cross as they could wipe people like me out, i couldnt afford to make a loss like that.Hopefully you will manage to sell your excess on  :)

chookies

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 08:53 »
isnt it strange chris struck before i knew about chookster she is so close by as are others he is really playing close to home eh .when i met him he said he could get any pol hen for under 4.00 each from his big supplier in scotland which i have still yet to find btw !!convenient eh!!  he was obviously trying to ruin everything we individually had but im afraid people always come unstuck :wacko: for example , i recieved an e-mail from a past customer asking to take a few birds for her as she purely needed the space obviously i said yes but that afternoon i recieved a message from chris on preloved.com offering me the exact same birds down to the month of birth i thought this is a bit strange he said they were show quality etc which is strange as i later found out he had never seen the birds to make a judgement like that, i managed to get a step ahead and offered the woman what he had offered and she bought the birds over but i later got a text saying along the lines of 'you wont get anywhere going behind my back' it was quite weired and almost controlling he was trying to tell me what to do after lying to me making out the birds were his, anyway later that week he sent me a text asking where i got my pol hens from because his supplier had run out , now the way he discribed his supplier was like they were breeding millions of birds each day,anyway i simply text him back saying when you can get pol hens for under 4 pounds why would you want to pay 8.00 instead it doesnt make scence?? he promptly replied AS SUPPLY IS VERY LOW - I GOT SOME ANY WAY IF YOUR GOING TO BE FUNNY LETS SEE WHO STAYS SELLING CHICKENS!! now i dont like people talking to me like that i go out of my way to get a business running rescuing birds from the pot  i get no wages and then i get spoke to like that. this is just the start of him really,,,,, i never hate people but i think after i nearly lost 2-3 thousand pounds due to him  i really can hate him he has no reason to do what he does and i can never see what he could possiably get out of this but he continues to try to ruin peoples business and its not right

joyfull

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 08:58 »
send copies of the emails to preloved, the police and even the inland revenue (is he declaring his business?) or even trading standards.

lisa80

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 09:06 »
Sounds like hes selling things he hasnt got.In other words seeing a bargain and selling it before hes bought it.Stick to what you do and dont change your prices for any one .I mainly hatch pure breeds and some folk round here said they can get a pol welsummer for £4 from an auction thats fine but mine are more like £20 .I hatch them from good eggs and the cost of rearing would leave me making a loss if i charged that price.Worst case is they dont sell ,ill just keep them for my laying flock.Things are quite slow at the moment and it can be easy to be talked into doing large hatches etc just make sure you take a deposit next time and a good one so that you know the person is serious at least enough to cover cost of eggs. :)

chookies

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 09:20 »
well a couple of weeks ago i recieved a phonecall from his boyfriend saying that he had chucked him out and he wanted to sell everything cheaply as he had performed identity theft on him and emptied his bank account!! i dont know where he got my number from but anyway i sorted out the goslings his ex said they were all sexed females and he would do them cheap, i went to collect them and 11 goslings were in a plastic rabbit cage they looked fine i bought them then that evening i recieved a text saying -RIGHT PLEASE DONT COME BACK ROUND MY HOUSE WHEN IM NOW NOT IN AND DONT CONTACT NEILS ABOUT BUYING MORE CHICKS,SILKIES,GOSLINGS ETC HOPE YOU HAVE FUN SELLING ALL MALES WHY GO BEHIND MY BACK!! i simply replied i wont be dealing with him again and dont involve me in his relationship when him ex approached me .
i have kept all the texts but unfortunatly i deleted the e-mails on preloved as i was so angry i just didnt want to even read them again, so his ex said the goslings were female and chris said they were all male  it was like they had planned it to get rid of them they are a bit sick in the head i think

chookies

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 09:23 »
also i remember he was all up on worming and vaccinations saying that  you cant sell a bird without them and you had to be defra registered it would be very interesting to see if he was defra registered and if he had vaccinations in birds that he probably hasnt even got!!!!

joyfull

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 09:23 »
the emails should still have come through to your email account so unless you have deleted all messages on there as well you should still have a record.

Take this up with preloved.

joyfull

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 09:37 »
I am now going to lock this thread, the warning has been given and people need to be extra vigilant when dealing with strangers and others who want large quantities of birds. Thank you for bringing this to everybody's attention. Joyfull.

smiley
WARNING WARNING DANGER INSIDE!!!!!!!

Started by uktitan on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post February 20, 2011, 08:37
by alancane
xx
Anyone heard of a cockerel sanctuary in Kent?

Started by HairyBear on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post June 04, 2011, 11:06
by arugula
xx
Christmas warning

Started by ehs284 on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post November 16, 2010, 10:55
by Knight Family
xx
WARNING CHICK PICS

Started by trinamc on Chicken Chat

10 Replies
Last post February 11, 2011, 09:53
by trinamc

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 36 queries.