Right - this is war!

• 4 Replies

LottyLouis

• Experienced Member
Right - this is war!
« on: June 26, 2015, 17:25 »
OK - so reading and learning from this amazing forum - I've added garlic to my soapy water mix - now my whole allotment whiffs like an Italian restaurant! I've put a row of potted French marigolds amongst the broad beans and if that doesn't work...I'm gonna get me a flame thrower. Seriously.  ::)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 18:46 by LottyLouis »
Carpe Diem

cadalot

Re: Right - this is war!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 17:42 »
Geronimo  >:( >:( >:(
Man vs Slug.jpg

BumbleJo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 17:56 »
Good luck! Keep us posted 😊

TimGuyUK

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 12:26 »
OK - so reading and learning from this amazing forum - I've added garlic to my soapy water mix - now my whole allotment whiffs like an Italian restaurant! I've put a row of potted French marigolds amongst the broad beans and if that doesn't work...I'm gonna get me a flame thrower. Seriously.  ::)

This was suggested to me along with putting chilli flakes into it as well. I'm yet to try myself but might make a brew up tonight and start squirting.

LottyLouis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 18:03 »
Hi Tim and all
It's been a real battle with the blackfly and I'm resisting using a chemical spray. I get good days and I think I've beaten it - then they're back - but on the whole, I think I'm winning. Today I saw real improvement. Some plants were completely clear (!) and I can see where the side shoots are flourishing. Fingers crossed.
My personal 'concoction' is a spray bottle full of water, a few drops of washing up liquid and a couple of peeled, whole garlic cloves just dropped in. Whiffy! I have the spray bottle tuned to 'jet' and I blast them off. If I see a clear plant, I turn it to 'spray' and give a light dusting to the top of new shoots (where the beasties hide) - as I say, real improvement - but who knows why? Could be the soap or the marigolds or the garlic or the weather or the season.... ???

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 38 queries.