Nell

• 3 Replies

snowdrops

Nell
« on: October 21, 2023, 20:21 »
I see Monty Don has posted today that his lovely dog Nell died yesterday, she’d been diagnosed with cancer in the summer, another over the rainbow bridge. :closedeyes:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

Re: Nell
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 20:44 »
Very sad.

Our dear Nolly (JRT) died exactly two years ago today - on our 49th Wedding Anniversary, and we've toasted her love for us just today, and our own love for all of us here in the time-honoured way!

Rotten time when beautiful chums pop off...

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 21:05 »
2 years Mr G, where’s that gone, lots happened for you in between times. I’ll raise my cup of tea to you all & Nolly (what a lovely name, I once worked with a lovely lady called Nolly :) )

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 17:41 »
Thank you, Snows!

Yup, quite a lot has gone on here, but I bet it's the same with all of us here!

The name Nolly appeared, because when she came from Blue Cross, after being chucked back because she was so small, and could get through the cat-flap; her Maiden Name was Nellie...

We - er - weren't too keen on that, and as Mrs Growster was an avid listener to 'The Archers' back then  before the Beeboids ruined the series, there was a Nolluthando character, who appeared occasionally, so the shortened version became our little chum's name!

We still mention her name, as it's not that different from Lily, especially when Lils barks her head off at anybody within three miles of the garden wall...

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 42 queries.