Knock on wood

• 4 Replies

betty

• Experienced Member
Knock on wood
« on: December 15, 2007, 10:22 »
Hello to all.   I am getting a new camra for x-mas, so I can take pics of my chooks for ya all!  I can't wait either.  They are all doing fine, Knock on wood.   I just put up some insulation and then covered it in wood, boy they like that insulation, I caught them trying to eat it.  But all in all everything is fine.  It took me a while to get to this point, but it was worth it, I can really enjoy them now.  This is what I was hoping for when I bought them.  The pullets have grown up so fast, I guess they are Chickens now, by the way when do you call them chickens and not pullets? :oops:   Well, watch for pics after x-mas!  P.S. Miss ya Munty :wink:

Selkie

Knock on wood
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 12:16 »
Yay!! Am looking forward to the photos, Betty. I love my new camera!

tallulah

Knock on wood
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 20:21 »
Hi Betty!  How cold does it get round your way?  Just wondering, what with the insulation n all!  My hens absolutely love the polystyrene that you get little plants in from the garden centre.   I daren't leave them anywhere near them now, I used to dread them getting blockages from it!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Knock on wood
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 20:50 »
Hi Betty

A pullet is usually less than one year old.

betty

• Experienced Member
knock on wood it's COLD
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 02:11 »
It is around 25 degrees out right now.  Some snow, bad roads, and freezing rain.  I have 1 inch styrofoam sheets on the roof, and 3/4  inch on the walls.  We are just getting our cold weather now.  15-25 degrees is average winter, so we are ready!  I have 2 windows and leave one open about an inch for ventalation.  It will stay cold untill March and warm up in April.   8)  They don't like the snow at all, they won't come out of the coop if there is any snow on the ground.  We had a couple of nice days last week, and they were all over the place.  I'm still getting eggs from the 2 oldest hens, but the young ones of course haven't started laying. But that is fine, it is just my husband and I, and that's plenty for us.  I am just waiting to show ya all my pics. :lol:  I think your going to enjoy seeing thier HOUSE.   Everyone laughs at how I have set them up so nice.  I'll do more this summer, curtains and all.  Talk to ya soon

xx
soft wood chip or hard wood chip

Started by bee on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 14, 2009, 16:01
by hillfooter
xx
Wood ash.

Started by RubyRed on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post November 20, 2018, 15:52
by rowlandwells
xx
wood bark

Started by Tony H on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post January 08, 2012, 17:34
by kittyb
xx
Wood treatment

Started by ActionFlack on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post July 03, 2013, 19:53
by Madrat

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 35 queries.