New addition...

• 4 Replies

PennyS

• My website
New addition...
« on: August 20, 2011, 08:42 »
We (well, I - OH didn't get a say!) have taken the plunge and got the kids a pony.  

It's probably the best thing ever.  

They are totally smitten and are just loving every minute.  Pony is brilliant with children and very patient.  Here she is... turns out (I didn't get her papers until a few days after we got her) she is a very well-bred Welsh Mountain.  

Following the foal thread earlier this year made me realise how much I was missing horses.  As the kids have been thoroughly enjoying their riding, I thought we might as well go the whole hog....

And of course - great supply of manure for the lotty.

She was already on grass livery at a fantastic yard and we're keeping her there, so we're very fortunate indeed.

I must point out I did not choose that headcollar.... that's what happens when you let two little girls loose in a saddlers these days. 

MinnieFor Forever site.jpg
Lotty holder since Aug 09... I've FINALLY finished clearing it! On with the p.lanting  ....

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
Re: New addition...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 19:22 »
she is stunning! coingratulations on your new (little? ???) bundle!
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 20:40 »
Awwwwwww lucky you, We have been looking at cobs lately, I still really miss my mare (Tosca) even after five years (I had her 25 years). It's the perrennial problem of finding somewhere to keep them and costs have risen dramatically since Tosca died.

Good luck with your pony, the kids are very lucky indeed.

PennyS

• My website
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 22:34 »
Thanks all,

Tosca100, in theory I'm looking for a cob for me too, but I think it will end up being another pony instead and I'll have to wait unti lthe kids are bigger before I have one of my own which we can share  :blink: unless I can find a really small child-friendly cob that can also carry me!

We did a local low-key show with Minnie on Sunday and she was a complete and utter star, she really took care of my kids.  They had a lovely day and Minnie got rewarded today with freshly dug carrots from the lotty  :D

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 09:37 »
Sounds like you got a good 'un there! Glad it's working for you.

Here's my old lady at 27. I didn't need a cob in those days!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 09:38 by tosca100 »

xx
Our New Addition

Started by spottymint on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post September 06, 2010, 21:47
by spottymint
xx
New addition.

Started by GTFC197 on Pets without Feathers

50 Replies
Last post March 20, 2011, 07:14
by arugula
xx
New Addition to the family

Started by titch on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post January 19, 2010, 17:52
by Jellyhead

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 32 queries.