secure surroundings for chickens

• 1 Replies

lorracash

secure surroundings for chickens
« on: September 11, 2010, 19:48 »
Hi everyone, I'm new to your site, have recently had a chicken house big enough for four chickens, received two on monday gone 6th, put them in the house, Andy my other half made a run 6' x 3',  and read to leave them in this area feeding and watering them for five days, yes made susre it was locked up and secure each evening, and they have settled really well, they are around 8 weeks old, now, Andy is most worried about them flying over next doors fence, which is six foot, the day they turned up I clipped their wings on one side, but tonight before securing them up for the night as I lifted the house roof to check they were ok, one jumped up on the side of the house and we looked at one another thinking will we be spending the next however long trying to get it back in the house, but back it went and resecured the house ready for the night so alls well that ends well.  Now he want to turn the house so it opens into a greenhouse we no longer use and open up another pain or two and put the run coming out of the green house, what do you think? they will be secure and have somewhere to scratch and climb up on and an outside run for fresh air etc.
Any answers will be gratefully read,  thanks, Lorraine :)

evie2

Re: secure surroundings for chickens
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 14:02 »
Hello lorracash and welcome to the site :D

If the greenhouse is secure to the coop and run I can't see any problems.  In the winter the greenhouse will give then an outside space that is warm and protected from the elements and lets face it if last winters anything to go by they'll need it ;) but remember it will get very hot in the summer  :D

May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

xx
trying again after fox attack and how to secure run ?

Started by garddwr on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post December 07, 2008, 20:58
by Aunt Sally
xx
When to introduce young chickens to older chickens?

Started by wardy on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post May 14, 2014, 21:15
by barley
xx
chickens - do I need to keep my dog form fouling where the chickens roam

Started by tracybro on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 20:54
by Kym503
xx
chickens attacking chickens

Started by mill-owner on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post May 29, 2009, 17:26
by mill-owner

Page created in 0.264 seconds with 36 queries.