wolf garden tools

• 7 Replies

chili

• Experienced Member
wolf garden tools
« on: July 28, 2009, 16:12 »
i want to get a couple of new tools and wa wondering if anyone has an opinion on the wolf muit tools with interchangable heads

here
http://www.garden4less.co.uk/wolf-garten-tool-heads.asp

after this one
http://www.worldofwolf.co.uk/shop/?database=Wolf%20Multi-Change&action=view_product&productID=BOM&category=104

and maybe a hoe
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 16:17 by chili »

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: wolf garden tools
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 16:41 »
I use them an I think they are very good !

I don't have the cultivator but I do have a few other attachments.

Gwiz

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 18:54 »
Hello chili, I don't use them myself, I went down the Gardena route, but there are several people on this website who think they are very good. I did sell them years ago, when I worked in a garden centre for a few years, and I have to say, they were very popular, even then, so to remain on sale for all those years, they must be good. :)

I've had a quick look on the back pages of the Equipment shed, and I KNOW that wolf tools have been talked about before, but I can't find the threads at the moment. I'll try to have another look for you later. :)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 18:59 »
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=1164.msg9558;topicseen#msg9558

There are a couple of threads about wolf tools

My dad swears by them infact he probably has a different tool for every week of the year.  funny seen as he isnt a gardener  ::)

BigPaddy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 22:14 »
I would be interested in more feedback on these. My previous experience of tools that attach and detach is that I break them. Granted I didnt spend a lot, that was one of the attractions of a combination tool. However I find now that I NEED a push/pull hoe, I am assured of this! I can only find wolf doing one and it will cost a fortune, but I need one. If it breaks I will really feel stupid. So feedbackfrom wolf users really welcome.

BP
Patrick
Hull, East yorkshire

Smudgeboy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 23:07 »
I've got the push/pull hoe attachment for my Wolf handle (as well as the trowel, the fork the leaf rake and one or two others). I started 'collecting' about three years ago and the push/pull was one of the first I got.

So far NONE of them have let me down.

I can't vouch for the frequency and aggressiveness of the user - I use mine about once a week, in a relatively small front and back garden set up with mostly good, workable soil.

They are very well made but I geuss at some point you need to bite the bullet.

Best of luck with it.
Veg? That's chips, innit?

Browser

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 10:22 »
Got 'em, use 'em, love 'em! Wolf are the only tool company to make a handle long enough for me, at 6 ft 5in, to be able to hoe without getting backache as I can stand fulyl upright and still get the correct angle of contact between the hoe blade and the ground.
I've also got the lopper on the telescopic pole, the multi-change scraper (good for weeding between paving slab joints) and the weed knife.
As someone else said, there's a tool for all seasons and I have to restrain myself when I go to a garden centre stocking their products :D
Blimey! You mean you can *grow* things in soil?

goodegg

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 12:54 »
ive had my wolf tools for years and gradually ive got most of the ones that they do from the seed sower to the smallest weeder about 2 in wide i have two sizes of the push pull weeder but now i find the big one too much as i am older now but very good gear very much cheeper in england than over here but i thought it well worth the money i have spent on them very useful for peeps who cant bend very much as they also do a hand fork and trowel with a D handle never had any break on me.

xx
Wolf Garden tools - what size handle?

Started by julietmaria on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post December 14, 2013, 23:20
by jezza
xx
Wolf tools

Started by Snowboar on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post December 26, 2020, 09:00
by Aidy
xx
Wolf Garten tools.....

Started by toto691 on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post October 03, 2006, 06:13
by Gwiz
xx
Wolf Garten Tools

Started by ouessant on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post November 11, 2008, 18:21
by ouessant

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 39 queries.