Pleasently Surprised

• 6 Replies

Daamoot

• Experienced Member
Pleasently Surprised
« on: September 13, 2013, 09:14 »
I opened a bottle I had in deep storage last night and was quite impressed with how nice it tasted!  It was the first wine kit I'd ever brewed and was bottled in Oct 2010 and tasted terrible back then.  3 Years later and it still smells like homebrew but tastes better than some supermarket wines.  What a difference time makes!!

I take back any bad opinions I may have given about wine kits, they can turn out pretty well.  Over the weekend I'll have to sample the other batches from 2010 that I thought were write offs, my head could be sore on monday monring!
Add me on PSN but nowadays I reach for the fork or hoe more than a controller

SCassin

• Experienced Member
Re: Pleasently Surprised
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 11:32 »
I wish you luck and enjoyment  :wacko:

We made beer from a kit and it very good toilet cleaner and the slugs like it - otherwise it is horrid lol.   One of our toilets had some lime scale in the bottom - I tipped a glass down as someone recommended flat cola removes it so I thought maybe I try that beer and wow it worked lol

Capt Zero

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 12:18 »
Well done that man, just goes to show what time will do.  8) I suppose any kit, beer or wine should turn out ok if their done correct.
"From man’s sweat and God’s love, beer came into the world."
–Saint Arnold of Metz, The patron Saint of Brewers

BobE

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 13:05 »

We made beer from a kit and it very good toilet cleaner and the slugs like it - otherwise it is horrid lol.   

I bet if you had left it for three months it would have tasted fine.  I always let beer age at least three months if not longer.  I have one in a barrel from August which will lay in storage until next March.

SCassin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 13:47 »
The barrel has a tap on it and now it just stood in one spare bedroom - maybe I leave it there then and try again in a while falling that I can keep to the spring and use for next seasons slugs  :happy:

BobE

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 13:50 »
The barrel has a tap on it and now it just stood in one spare bedroom - maybe I leave it there then and try again in a while falling that I can keep to the spring and use for next seasons slugs  :happy:

Put it in a dark or dim location, no direct sunlight.  Be sure that air can't get in and taste it in December, it might be ok for the holiday.  You might be suprised how beer improves with age.  (Let us know)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 13:52 by BobE »

SCassin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 15:55 »
No - cant do any harm to try - thanks - I will let you now  :blink:

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 37 queries.