sorting out weeds if you dont mind using chemicals

• 2 Replies

peedee555

• Experienced Member
had trouble with weeds growing in beds with seedlings that i didnt want to disturb by digging them out so i cut them to about 2 inches left inthe ground then put a loo roll over the stem and spray a bio degrading weed killer down the tube dosent goon the growing plant and vapours are soaked upby the loo roll  ..woks a treat

Annad83

Re: sorting out weeds if you dont mind using chemicals
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 12:55 »
I've just resorted to using round up to try and stop the bind week and tayberries taking over my garden. I've tried digging them up but I can't get all the roots up. I've obviously worried I will have killed other plants in my garden by doing so but there was nothing else I could do it is literally everywhere, growing up roses growing up every plant in the garden. I'm so worried I'm going to have killed off other things to but I've waited till it's a still day and tried to prevent run off as much as possible. Ho hum we will see. It will probably kill all the plants I want to keep and the bind weed will remain triumphant!
Anna, enthusiastic amateur from the herts/Essex boarder!

Goosegirl

Re: sorting out weeds if you dont mind using chemicals
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 14:44 »
I don't like using chemicals of any sort, but weedkillers to me are the only way to go when you have couch grass and other weeds coming up everywhere. There is only me who gardens and, as it is a large one to cope with, it's like the Forth Bridge. My only concern is having four cats but if I spray and cover it with something, I think that's the only way to go, unless you have the capability to dig every root out which I don't.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
What weeds or weed roots dont you compost ?

Started by NASH on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post October 04, 2009, 16:10
by Christine
xx
chemicals for allotments

Started by peterjf on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post December 11, 2008, 23:31
by Salmo
xx
Watch your chemicals, folks!

Started by gobs on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post July 04, 2008, 22:14
by BigPaddy
xx
weed control without chemicals

Started by keeper on Grow Your Own

33 Replies
Last post August 29, 2014, 19:35
by Nobbie

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 38 queries.