runny poo

• 2 Replies

nicky

runny poo
« on: July 04, 2007, 18:29 »
Sorry everyone a yucky topic I know but I could use some advice. I'v had my welsummers nearly three weeks now and the oldest one is about 18/19 weeks old. The problem is ever since I got her home she seems to be intermitently doing runny orange poo. She seems happy and is not showing signs of illness. She eats and drinks plenty ,she is on growers as she isn't laying yet and meal worms with the odd bit of corn and greens. Is this a sign of her being ready to lay or is it the food? What am I doing wrong? The Younger bird is fine by the way and they were wormed when I got them.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
runny poo
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 20:32 »
Don't think your doing anything wrong Nicky, I think it may be a sign of upset stomach/poor digestion  and is usually put right by feeding them  probiotic yoghurt. But I'm not 100% sure so hang on for Aunt Sally she's a poo expert  :wink:  :lol:

Ok I've checked on this sticky thread from Aunt Sally and it could be the lining of the stomach which is shed sometimes,
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
runny poo
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 17:59 »
Poo is one of the amazing wonders of chicken keeping.

If she's been wormed and was vacinated for coccidiosis when a chick and seems otherwise well I would not worry too much.  As Richy says give her some probiotic with will help to correct the gut flora.  My Gerty always had loose poo.  She laid loads of eggs and kept well a until she started to have egg peritonitis problems.

xx
Runny egg or poo or something :( :( Help!

Started by Feeb on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post September 10, 2009, 08:55
by Feeb
xx
runny poo!

Started by leddenton on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post September 09, 2011, 08:12
by Casey76
xx
runny poo

Started by jackie on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 01, 2010, 09:34
by vichope74
xx
Very runny poo!

Started by VickyW on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 23, 2011, 11:37
by VickyW

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 38 queries.