Foody pics...

• 0 Replies

Growster...

Foody pics...
« on: June 13, 2018, 06:25 »
We have a small Waitrose in our village, and while we buy basics in the small Tesco opposite, we go to Waitrose for 'specials' treats etc. Most of our friends do something similar.

They publish an interesting - free - mag every week, with offers, ideas etc, and we like skimming through the pages as they're well-written and informative, even though a bottle of plonk at £25.00 is a bit of a gulp...

But we've noticed that just about every dish or food preperation shows a photo of everything jumbled together on the plate! Whatever happened to having the veg, meat or fish in separate positions? I personally find it relaxing to use just a fork whenever I can, so perhaps this is the reason, but it does cause me to eat slowly which is recommended at my time of life.

Years ago, my dad brought home some plates from a business trip to Germany. They apparently made a big thing of the plate actually having three indented compartments for meat, veg etc. It was all the rage back in the early sixties. We used them once I think...

Funnily enough, as we eat so little these days, we'd be pleased to get back to some of the nouvelle cuisine recipes, as that means a teaspoon-full of whatever, and some sort of carrot artwork plonked on a plate the size of a Land Rover bonnet!

xx
scanning pics to PC problem.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post February 13, 2019, 14:06
by Goosegirl
xx
Problem downloading pics from a new camera

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post July 20, 2019, 18:43
by DanielCoffey

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 39 queries.