Where can i get the torque settings for a briggs & startton 80202 engine

• 6 Replies

shrimp

Does anyone know where I can get the torque setting for a briggs & startton 80202 engine as I'm going to replace the gasket on the crankcase as I think it's leaking.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 08:43 by shrimp »

JayG

• Global Moderator
Have you tried following this link? -

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=3345.msg1363745#msg1363745

Can't check it for you to see if it has the required information as more precise detail about the engine is required.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

shrimp

I've contacted briggs & Stratton and they told me I need to use 080202-0779-99 but they wouldn't give me any other information  :( I've checked the link you posted but I got the user manual and parts manual but it don't give any torque settings.

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
If you are referring to the cylinder head gasket the torque is 140 inch pounds. The "crankcase cover" as B & S call it is 85 inch pounds. The head needs to be loosened and tightened in a set pattern.
R Tallentire

shrimp

If you are referring to the cylinder head gasket the torque is 140 inch pounds. The "crankcase cover" as B & S call it is 85 inch pounds. The head needs to be loosened and tightened in a set pattern.
It's the cover you top up the oil.

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
OK, the case with the filler hole is what B & S call the crankcase cover. Just to be sure, it is the one with the crankshaft sticking out. I never torque the case bolts myself, but I am used to knowing how tight you can go without striping the thread as I am a Quad mechanic.

shrimp

OK, the case with the filler hole is what B & S call the crankcase cover. Just to be sure, it is the one with the crankshaft sticking out. I never torque the case bolts myself, but I am used to knowing how tight you can go without striping the thread as I am a Quad mechanic.
Yes it's the one with the crankshaft sticking out.

xx
Briggs 5HP: Air Getting into engine oil

Started by Allotment on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post August 23, 2010, 18:28
by Allotment
xx
briggs and stratton 5 hp engine

Started by HINDAVE on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post August 04, 2017, 15:48
by Blewit
xx
Briggs & Stratton engine.

Started by Plot46 on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post June 05, 2015, 11:27
by R Tallentire
xx
briggs & stratton 5 hp engine

Started by brytheold on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 19, 2014, 12:28
by grendel

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 34 queries.