Oh No!! Another manic "I want to be a Mum"

• 2 Replies

jinty1911

Oh No!! Another manic "I want to be a Mum"
« on: May 20, 2011, 20:40 »
Rose has just gone broody.  Hubby noticed this afternoon that she hadn't been out n about much.  So I went to check on her.  Picked her up and out dropped an egg.  Put her in the garden and then, Oh Boy, she started. Pacing up and down, Brrrrrrring at the other girls, flapping wings and generally bullying them (barging into them and chasing and pecking them).  House door was instantly shut.  She then paraded about.  When she reaslised that she couldn't get into the house she tried to get into nestbox from underneath then from the top, even tried to get in the kitchen window.  Soooo I decided I would bring her into the kitchen because she really hates it.  Haha.  Just a wee experiment.  Kept her on my knee for about 30 mins then put her back out and she just started stratching about.  Maybe a wee fright shocked her out of it?  Am on hol next week so will see what happens.  :lol:  :lol:     

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
Re: Oh No!! Another manic "I want to be a Mum"
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 11:01 »
Oh Jinty, she was in a right strop, wasn't she?  I think you're going to have your hands full with this little miss!   :tongue2:
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

jinty1911

Re: Oh No!! Another manic "I want to be a Mum"
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 11:25 »
Well, the experiement didn't work  :blink: Have just had to open the house and nest box to let the other 2 in to lay so locked her out of run and the tantrum has started  :lol:  :lol:

xx
First time out for the "5 Week old" Chicks

Started by Dominic on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post April 11, 2011, 21:24
by Squiggly
xx
"I have a broody hen, let's incubate some eggs"

Started by Casey76 on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post May 08, 2010, 09:55
by joyfull
xx
"Chicken Memorabilia"

Started by Henny on Chicken Chat

88 Replies
Last post April 28, 2014, 22:11
by barley
xx
"Stability at all times"

Started by EnviroChick on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post December 04, 2013, 12:56
by joyfull

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 36 queries.