going on holiday

• 1 Replies

wolverine

• Experienced Member
going on holiday
« on: July 24, 2010, 05:14 »
Well I'm off on holiday for 18 days on wednesday  :D I have aranged care for my chickens but I feel bad leaving them. They and I have got into a routein and the person looking after them won't be able to do the little things that I think they'll miss like warming up some peas before bed ect. also they won't be let out as early I let them out at 6 at the moment but my friend won't get here till 7:30 at the earliest. questions are
will they even notice I'm gone?
could the change in the routein bring back the mycoplasma they hae previously been diagnosed with?
Will the extra time in the coop first thing be a problem?
 Do they get bored without any human contact.
Will they forget who I am quickly so when I get back they don't follow me around like they do now
And finally am I being silly? this is the first time I've left them for more than 1 night.
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: going on holiday
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 09:11 »
they should be fine, their egg production may go down a bit (my girls always sulk and stop laying when I get back - they always keep laying for whoever looks after them  ::)). They will cope and settle down ok. If they do develop myco then explain to your friend what they need to do - ie dosage of medication etc, leave them your vets details and also give them details of this forum so they can always log on here to ask about anything that they are unsure about  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Chicken Care at holiday time

Started by The Goods on Chicken Chat

31 Replies
Last post June 10, 2011, 14:02
by SMS6

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 35 queries.