Very swollen sinus (turkey)

• 3 Replies

Oliveview

Very swollen sinus (turkey)
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:38 »
Just been to the vet and got antibiotics, one of the trukeys has a massive swollen sinus, it came up on Saturday afternoon badly.  I put antibiotics in the water but neigher of the birds are drinking much at the moment- is it ok to put the antibiotics in water and then put the water onto bread and give them the soaked bread?
I want to be able to eat the other turkey for Christmas!!
Pamela

dizzylizzie

Re: Very swollen sinus (turkey)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:57 »
i think you would need a week clear of medications before eating.....someone who knows for sure (and no just guessing like me) will be along shortly :D

Oliveview

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 11:59 »
I´ve bought the last food today- so no more ´build up a turkey´food.  The lady at the vet said 3 days of antibiotics.  At least the other turkey is ok (fingers crossed) so if this one hasn´t cleared up the other will be eaten.  I´m going to have to put the good turkey out to roam with the hens while we try to get the antibiotics into the poorly turkey.  She is still eating and flying up to the roof  of their house  :ohmy:
We will soak bread in the antibiotic water and hopefully she will get them inside her that way.
Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 11:18 »
The antibiotics I bought were the same as the ones I had in the house, shame I didn´t write down the type before I went to the vets.  This morning the turkeys face is going right down and I can see her eye.  Even though her face was so badly swollen she still ate like mad.
Only another 5 days to go for one of them.    I just hope I enjoy eating the turkey.
Pamela

xx
Swollen Eye/Blocked sinus

Started by sarabaron on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 28, 2007, 19:49
by Aunt Sally
xx
Turkeys with swollen ´sinus´?

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post November 06, 2009, 07:39
by poppies
xx
swollen pad on a bronze turkey

Started by animal mad on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post September 10, 2010, 02:14
by EJCTM
xx
Goose with a Sinus Infection

Started by grice2707 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post December 18, 2011, 18:42
by grice2707

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 28 queries.