Rules and regulations

• 33 Replies

Lynne

Rules and regulations
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 15:48 »
This is a really interesting discussion. I would have been disappointed however to only have been 'allowed' a half plot when we got ours in July.

It was horrendously overgrown, vandalised and used as a rubbish dump for years so we cleared half of it to grow something this year and can now clear the rest over the autumn/winter for cultivation early next.

I feel that I am sensible enough to judge for myself whether I can manage a full plot or not, and I am showing that I can, and I am lucky to be healthy, fit and quite strong. The site does have some half plots available for those who want them or cannot physically manage a full one.
Lynne.

So much to do, but so little time.

Noah'strolly

• Experienced Member
Rules and regulations
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 17:06 »
There are lots of different reasons for having an allotment. If it was just to feed ourselves, I would agree with one plot per family but some people do it for the satisfaction or as a hoby.
There's a lovely bloke on our allotment who has two of the most well kept plots you've ever seen with a rich variety of mature fruit trees and some interesting inovations (from salvaged stuff). It's been an ongoing project and labour of love for goodness knows how many years. He is producing enough food for two families when he lives in a houshold of 2 but I wouldn't want to imagine anyone taking it away from him, it means so much to him and I'm sure the surplus food all finds a good home.
I think we shouldn't be fighting among ourselves about half plots or double plots but that the council should make more plots available so that everyone can have what they feel they can cope with.

The Thin Blue Line

• Experienced Member
  • One Forking at a time please.
Rules and regulations
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 17:52 »
.... still waiting...  1 year...

gobs

Rules and regulations
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 22:11 »
Please guys, don't just read, say what you thought it would make a big difference to know how most people thought about this
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
P.Y.O regulations?

Started by fallen angel on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 21, 2010, 21:22
by digalotty
xx
Allotment rules

Started by Babstreefern on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post January 09, 2011, 17:17
by Totty
xx
Rules on your Lotty

Started by Heifer73 on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post September 21, 2007, 07:55
by crowndale
xx
Coriander rules ok

Started by viettaclark on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post December 18, 2010, 14:08
by FERDY

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 39 queries.