hi i am a new

• 4 Replies

styanne

hi i am a new
« on: July 05, 2013, 19:07 »
does anyone have a watering system on their allotment as I am looking for some ideas which is not too expensive

Fairy Plotmother

Re: hi i am a new
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 19:12 »
 :) Welcome Styanne. My watering system consists of watering cans and a tap  :lol: I don't suppose that was the answer you were looking for? :)

BobE

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 19:16 »
Probably just a hose is the best.  You can get dripper bags for greenhouses.  The problem with expensive systems is theft.

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 14:24 »
I have a similar setup to this chap. ~5 Mins into the video.

iDJ-BJBvkhE
It's fed from an old CH header tank outside the greenhouse on a couple of concrete blocks, no reason you couldn't use the same sort of thing to water a larger area.

ghost61

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 14:28 »
We bought Poundland soaker hose, which is 6m long. Using some old hose pipe and connectors we run them off our water butts. You can link up the bits of soaker hose so that you can cover a larger area. All we have to do is fill up the water butts. Using hosepipes connected to the taps is banned in our town, so anything that cuts down the watering time is great! We also have them in the polys, where the water butts outside have nettle tea in them, so our tons and cues etc get fed and watered at the same time. Hubby is out now buying more of the soaker hose!

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 28 queries.