What's new for 2008

• 4 Replies

paintedlady

What's new for 2008
« on: January 18, 2008, 16:30 »
We've all learned what went wrong in 2007 and what changes we'll make.  But what new things are planned for 2008:

- I bought some cold frames so will be putting them up (need a degree to read the instructions first...) and trying them out.  Cold frames are something I've never used before and have no idea if it will be useful or just one giant con and waste of space.  I don't think their burglar proof either.
- I'm going to try growing melons this year (this variety apparently suited for cooler climate... if you believe that) and chillies, mange tout and sugar snap (I know they are similar) for the first time.
- seems I've already gone overboard with how many onion sets and seed potatoes I REALLY need so I'll have to re-arrange my plot plans yet again
- I'm going to try and grow a lot more different brassicas ("oh mum, I know I didn't use to like cabbage, but I'm all grown up now and actually find it alright" :roll: )
- my fruit trees and bushes at home are now 5 years old and have been getting steadily more productive (weather permitting), so I'll need to eat more fruit, eat more fruit, and eat more fruit ("yes mum, I know I didn't like plums and I don't know why I bought a plum tree because I still don't like them" :roll: )

Anybody else trying something new this year?
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

splodger

What's new for 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 17:03 »
now that i have got a greenhouse - i shall experiment a bit more - but i don't know what with yet  - other than lots of different tom varieties :lol:

i am going to be growing melons - but i amk going to build a lovely hot house for them

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
What's new for 2008
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 19:53 »
I will be trying melon myself this year, thats is so far the only new thing planned, I have something up my sleeve but it may not come off, I will find out soon I hope. Might get a new bunch of fingers to operate this keyboard  :wink:
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

crowndale

What's new for 2008
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 20:01 »
Most stuff this year for me is new to growing as I only got the lottie in november and have limited vege space in the garden.  So I am trying melons, butternut squash, cape gooseberry and a few others.  But The biggest thing new for this year is fostering (counting chickens again!).  9.30 am on monday i go to county hall in front of the fostering panel to have the decision made one way or t'other.  Hoping for the best!
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

splodger

What's new for 2008
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 20:03 »
Quote from: "crowndale"
Most stuff this year for me is new to growing as I only got the lottie in november and have limited vege space in the garden.  So I am trying melons, butternut squash, cape gooseberry and a few others.  But The biggest thing new for this year is fostering (counting chickens again!).  9.30 am on monday i go to county hall in front of the fostering panel to have the decision made one way or t'other.  Hoping for the best!

i hope it goes well for you - fingers crossed -  :wink:

xx
New for 2008

Started by waddecar on Grow Your Own

78 Replies
Last post January 10, 2008, 17:58
by ditchdigger
xx
2008 Diary

Started by grymalkyn on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post May 04, 2008, 14:21
by grymalkyn
xx
ALLOTMENT PLOT 2008

Started by clive f on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 28, 2008, 23:24
by gardengran
xx
2008 Season is finally off the starting line

Started by Aidy on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post January 16, 2008, 12:40
by Celtic Eagle

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 38 queries.