Lawn Raker - Scarifier help please

• 3 Replies

busterthehorse

« on: July 30, 2008, 02:12 »
I recently borrowed a lawn raker/scarifier from a friend. It worked fine up to a point; I then examinied it to find that nearly all the tines had broken off. I didn't know this until now, but the tines are the spikey bits that get all the moss out of the lawn. This model takes 60 tines and there are only 4 left on it. It's a CHALLENGE MIP-ZP-300A bought I believe from Argos or possibly Homebase.

I don't want to give anything back in a worse condition than when I borrowed. I've looked all over the internet for the parts (tines) for it but cannot find them. I can find FLYMO tines that look similar but I don't really know if they will fit the job. I've also seen a Black and Decker full cassette unit that looks the same, but again - will it do the job (also, it's more than three-quarters the price of a new scarifier)

I've down to both B&Q and Homebase and neither stock any tines at all. Argos don't stock them either(I've tried Argos spares website). Why do companies sell you things that you cannot repair ?? Buy another one I suppose... It's only 10 months old !

Has anybody any experience of this ? Any help would be much appreciated as I want to get it fixed before I have to give it back ...

Thanks

Bignij

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 05:47 »
Take it back, if it's only 10 months old. It's still covered by the original 12 month guarantee from the original purchase. You need proof of purchase though. If it's B&Q or Argos, though probably won't bat an eyelid, they tend to be pretty good on faulty stuff. Sale of Goods Act or summat. 8)

compostqueen

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 11:05 »
there's one currently for sale on ebay, bidder to collect from York. If that's anywhere near I'd get bidding. It's ending on the 31st

Gwiz

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 12:27 »
I think the challenge brand has something to do with:
Power Devil.
mill Road,
Rugby.
Warwickshire,
England,
CU21 1PR
01788 547 547

hope this helps! :D

xx
Lawn Scarifier/Raker

Started by judas25 on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post September 15, 2008, 12:35
by Gwiz
xx
Electric lawn raker / scarifier

Started by Yorkie on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 21:09
by Yorkie
clip
lawn scarifier

Started by jezza on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post October 01, 2017, 23:22
by jezza
xx
Scarifier/ Aerator??

Started by mobilekat on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post May 05, 2014, 22:32
by mobilekat

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 38 queries.