Ice pick

• 5 Replies

Isprinsessan

Ice pick
« on: March 11, 2007, 10:49 »
Folks - this will sound weird but for a couple of years now I've been hankering after an ice pick. This is a single pole with a metal end for testing the depth of the ice for skating (the number of times you hit before you go through the ice tells you how many cm deep/safe or unsafe it might be). Normally I only ever ice skate where it's known to be safe but next year I was going to go with tour group and be more adventurous). These poles can upwards of 50 euros so I told myself not to waste money on what is really only just fun after all..
Today I found a pristine one in the rubbish skip of my apartment. Can't believe it !!!Things really come to those who wait...now waiting for a REALLY cold winter next year  :D Wanted to share my amazement with you too   :roll:
“Failure is simply an opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
― Henry Ford

fluffypebble

Ice pick
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 10:59 »
Well done.
http://10.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/1/646/glitter_maker_03_04_2007_03_32_52_22128.gif[/img]

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend.

muntjac

Ice pick
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 11:42 »
hope ya dug down a bit to find the dead wifey or hubby u pulled it out off .. take care they are lethal bits of kit .can i suggest if its only for slapping pond ice with you have the point ground off.having climbed a lot with them i have seen a few nasty cuts happen
still alive /............

WG.

Ice pick
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 11:45 »
Did I see you in a movie once?   Basic Instinct as I recall.

Isprinsessan

Ice pick
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 12:20 »
Don't you be worrying your wee selves OH is safe..it's a Scandinavian ice pole more like a thumper than a pick. Thump on the ice 4 times before going through and the ice should be over 5cms. Not sharp on the end at all, it's a metal bit like the end of an umbrella really. They are rather big ponds here too BTW  :D

muntjac

Ice pick
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 12:30 »
yups i know about the ponds  lol .so its got a sharp bit on the end then lolo that metal hurts ya know  :lol:

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 39 queries.