Tomatoes & Peppers

• 20 Replies

sarah-king

• Experienced Member
Tomatoes & Peppers
« on: May 24, 2010, 21:11 »
Just wondering what stages everyones tomatos and peppers are?  My tomatos are smallish with one or two just getting flowers. My peppers seem to be really slow growing and about 3 inches tall. Both were planted ages ago indoors, and recently moved into my new greenhouse.

Also some of my peppers leaves seem to go really floppy then go thin, a yellowy see through colour and die, these are in the greenhouse and are well watered (not the leaves) Any ideas?

My best tomato plant currently is my unknown triffid  :blink: :blink: its still the tallest and now looks the best - no flowers yet.. you may have seen my other post about this...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 22:00 by Ice »

grenhouse

• Experienced Member
Re: Tomatos & Peppers
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 21:16 »
I have some tomato plants at around 18 inches tall with flowers, and some which i did later, probably around 6 inches high. Gave up with peppers last year, had some really poor yields from them. Still do chilli's though which are about 16inches high and flowering.

Steve

solway cropper

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 22:44 »
Toms in greenhouse are up to 2 feet high and bushy. First small fruit have set on a couple of them. Peppers are only about 9 or 10 inches but that's down to the very cold weather earlier on.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 22:54 »
Tomatoes are about 18in with first buds showing on some. peppers are better (started earlier) are bushy and flowering now. Chillies are a little bit slower apart from the couple on the kitchen window cill which are flowering and setting fruit already :)

kingdhesiii

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 23:01 »
My peppers are only about 2 inch high even though they have been kept indoors and planted in march. hmmmm.
Woooooooooooooo

sclarke624

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 00:12 »
Toms planted mid March, kept in conservatory until 4 weeks ago, when put in summer house in garden, and this week into high rise beds in garden.

My Toms are about 2 and half foot tall, but leggy, I have planted them deeper.  Some have small fruits on, only the Sungella ones.  Many haveflower buds.

Peppers planted beginning March.  Kept in conservatory, which is very hot with a bit of sun.  They are about 12 inches tall, half have buds and today one is in flower.
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 08:08 »
Toms are out in the cold frame; planted into their (deep) growbag but not as deeply as I would have liked as they got a bit leggy indoors (variety is Red Alert and they really don't like to hang about; sown 20th March and are now 2' 6" tall and have been flowering for a week!)

Two types of chilli plus sweet peppers on bedroom windowsills where they will stay (don't work very well for me outdoors here.)  All looking good, about 15" high and ready to start flowering in the next few days.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 08:23 »
toms are 6-9inches.. spindly and dying!!!

rachelr

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 08:31 »
Mine are about 9 inches and all with flowers. I am trying to grow one upside and that would have been about twelve inches but for some reason it is trying to right itself tee hee

sarah-king

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 08:46 »
 :unsure: seems mine are behind everyone elses ......ESP the peppers, they were also planted march.. I only got the greenhouse last week so hopefully everything will catch up soon!

Debz

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 09:17 »
Tomotoes are about 9 inches tall with some buds starting to show.  My peppers are only about 3 inches tall but look really healthy and I expect they will come on.

gillie

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 09:17 »
My greenhouse tomatoes, sown late February, are up to three feet high now.  Several varieties are in flower (I grow an eclectic mix) and Gardener's Delight and one of my heritage varieties have fruit up to an inch across.  The heritage variety is large fruited so I guess GD will win the race to be first picked.

My outdoor tomatoes, Super Marmande and Costoluto Fiorentino, were planted out about ten days ago and were wrapped in fleece for a few days.  They are around a foot high and in bud.  The Marmandes are a little ahead of the Costolutos.

I don't grow peppers, but the aubergines are around a foot high, with no flowers yet.

Gillie

diggerjoe

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 09:44 »
I planted up some tom seed early this year variety orange banana from real seeds. They are 3ft now and flowering well, but the others are only just getting going from a macrh sowing and most 8in with the two currant types only 4ins :( and i was looking forward to those. The peppers although healthy are still tiddlers and the chillis, but I dont mind waiting although I could do with an extension to the greenhouse :nowink:

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 11:00 »
Grrrr mine went in late March.... frost did its job and now getting freebies from lovely people on Freecycle :)

Yabba

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 17:03 »
Also some of my peppers leaves seem to go really floppy then go thin, a yellowy see through colour and die, these are in the greenhouse and are well watered (not the leaves) Any ideas

Probably over watered, mine are lucky to get watered twice in the same week.

¥

xx
Tomatoes and Peppers

Started by crilly on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post January 14, 2014, 09:45
by tangojulie
xx
TOMATOES AND PEPPERS

Started by BARNACLE BILL on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post July 03, 2015, 07:47
by Headgardener22
xx
tomatoes peppers and cucumbers - help

Started by hammers07 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 27, 2008, 18:11
by gobs
xx
Question about my Tomatoes and Peppers

Started by SalJ1980 on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post June 04, 2008, 18:28
by SkipRat

Page created in 0.421 seconds with 40 queries.