Tax return

• 4 Replies

jezza

Tax return
« on: February 10, 2023, 23:50 »
Hello had any one had to fill in a tax return using the government gate way and password,just recently paid my tax bill,what a palace trying to get on to the web site,it asked for a UTR(unique tax Reference)said it was incorrect,rang accountant dont put the dashes in he says eureka got onto the web site please enter the government gate way it says need to register it says,worked out I cant get the gate way till I've got the password by post ,rang the tax office nice assistant said put b××××locks in password box, didnt work must have changed it she says it's usually standard password I'll send you a pass word by text  then I can register for the gateway which by then is too late to make a payment before dead line  ,went into my bank and paid it in a few seconds I know next time   jezza

Goosegirl

Re: Tax return
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 09:21 »
I've found similar problems when I've done a one-off order to get something then wanted to get the warranty registered or something else connected with the purchase. You just get the run-around as you need to register an accoiunt with the firm, select a password, enter it again, then wait for an email to confirm it. When you then try to log in it says the password is incorrect despite me being very careful when entering it. Grrr! :mad:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jaydig

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 13:09 »
I've found similar problems when I've done a one-off order to get something then wanted to get the warranty registered or something else connected with the purchase. You just get the run-around as you need to register an accoiunt with the firm, select a password, enter it again, then wait for an email to confirm it. When you then try to log in it says the password is incorrect despite me being very careful when entering it. Grrr! :mad:
I'm so glad it's not just me who gets a perfectly good password refused time and again!!!  I was beginning to think I was going either senile or insane.

wighty

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 16:04 »
We've just tried to register our VAT return, never had any problem before but have had to give up and hand it over to our accountants.  According to them, it is all still up in the air as so many people have been caught out.  They want to close Gateway and you then get either your accountants to do it as agents or 'selected' software programmes.   Kirsten is sorting ours out and will let us know what's going on and I will pass on anything I find out.  We were originally told as our VAT bill is low we wouldn't have to change but the Government have changed their mind.  ::)

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 17:54 »
I found that writing in the various small pensions was a nightmare too!

I rang them and they told me to just keep on typing in the box, with no breaks, and it should work...

After several mishaps and re-types, it eventually did get through but I agree, it's a bit of a beezum when you're worried you've missed something, and the 'thought police' will come banging on your door at 1.00am on first of Feb!

xx
the return of the beast

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post February 17, 2023, 07:28
by Christine
xx
Online tax return

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post May 26, 2020, 08:28
by jezza

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 39 queries.