Technical query about dehumidifiers...

• 7 Replies

Growster...

Technical query about dehumidifiers...
« on: January 16, 2023, 17:09 »
Our car has a 'problem' with one of the electric windows opening without warning, and also being unable to shut without delicate tweaking of the little switch!

It also does this on its own and only when it's raining, and the other day, it opened without warning, and the rain just pelted in and soaked the passenger seat, floor etc!

I'm popping it into the garage to get it sorted, but meanwhile, I've placed our dehumidifier on the car floor and plugged it all in to get the old thing dried out, but, my question is, what setting is needed to get all the water out of the seat and upholstery?

Is it 30% or 60%?

Some sort of logic tells me to set it at 60% for maximum clearance, but the instructions seem to say 30%, so I'm in a bit of a quandary, as we have to go out together on Friday, and Mrs Growster will not be pleased to visit Maidstone with a damp bum...

Any clues please?

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Technical query about dehumidifiers...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 17:47 »
I believe the % figure is the target humidity level the humidifier should achieve, so 30% will extract more moisture than 60%.

Hope that's right - don't know how much fun visiting Maidstone is even with a dry bum.  :unsure: :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 18:06 »
Thanks JG, I guess you're right, but somehow the logic doesn't match the facts - well with me it doesn't!

I haven't been to Maidstone for years, at least seven or eight, and wonder what it's like these days, because when I worked there, it was heaving with work, fun and games, but the last job I was on went south after just a few meetings, and I never went back, despite only living a few miles away...

I could go by bus I suppose!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 18:18 »

Good plan - if not free it should at least cost less than a Tena!  ::)  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 18:21 »

Good plan - if not free it should at least cost less than a Tena!  ::)  :lol:

That's the bus pass sorted then, Jay!

Bet the bus seats are under the windows, so the rain will have soaked through...;0~

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 20:13 »
I haven't been to Maidstone for years, at least seven or eight, and wonder what it's like these days, because when I worked there, it was heaving with work, fun and games, but the last job I was on went south after just a few meetings, and I never went back, despite only living a few miles away...

If I were you Mr G, I’d go to Canterbury instead  ;)

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 06:47 »
Used to work in Canterbury, Aunty - St Dunstan's St, next to 'The House of Agnes', where many an hour of mis-spent lunch was undertaken - all in the name of commerce you understand!

36 miles there, 36 miles back for several days a week, and a lovely ride it was too, over The Downs, Pluckley, Charing etc!

But Mrs Growster has to get to the clinic in Maidstone...

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 17:55 »
Just as an update, I think the 40% setting is the one to make the most of the situation, as the passenger seat is now almost the same colour as the others...

Mind you, because the doors had frozen up this morning, it took me quite some time to find out!

xx
Technical tax question for Allotment Ltd companies

Started by cardoon queen on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post September 03, 2023, 20:50
by Yorkie
xx
Facebook Query ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post April 07, 2021, 15:32
by MrsPea

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 47 queries.