Ive been a very cheeky girl!

• 3 Replies

NormandyMary

Ive been a very cheeky girl!
« on: October 10, 2010, 14:44 »
I was worried that Monty may be a bit lonely back with us in the conservatory, and he wasnt crowing. I went on to Youtube and found cockerals crowing. I played a couple and Monty crowed back. I think he has made some new friends now!!

alancane

• Experienced Member
Re: Ive been a very cheeky girl!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 14:52 »
That is brilliant!!!
How is his foot Mary and are you getting plenty of eggs now?
Alan

NormandyMary

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 16:20 »
Hi Alan. Thanks for asking. I had the boy in all last week 'cos his foot had swollen up again, I obviously hadnt cured him properly last time. He had surgery to release the gunk, not a task for the fainthearted and  I gave him antibios. I released him Friday, but Saturday, saw that he was being attacked on his foot by one of the girls and it was pouring with blood. I scooped him up and brought him in again. His foot seems a bit better, maybe the blood letting did some good. Ill be bathing him shortly, and applying antibiotic spray again. Ive also bought purple spray to douse him with before letting him in with the girls during the week.
Im getting on average 3 eggs a day now, though still quite small, regular. Its been a long time coming!!!!!!

Foghorn-Leghorn

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 16:28 »
Bumblefoot takes an age to clear up doesn't it?

I've only just been able to release Gladys from the sickbay back into the flock and that's after 10 days of antibiotics.  Her feet are healing nicely but she's got some fetching bright orange booties on at the moment to keep the healing wounds nice and clean.
We had to go down the surgery route as her feet were so swollen.  It's not a nice task but I think on some occasions you're left with no choice.

We've got another chicken (Edna) nearing the end of her stint on the antibiotics, her feet weren't nearly as bad as Gladys' and you can tell the difference now she's nearly ready for "release".

One other chicken has had foot surgery today (just the one foot on this one) and is now in sickbay and the rest of the flock are getting regular check ups just to be on the safe side.

I'm glad Monty is on the mend and crowing along to his new "friend"!
"The chicken came first—God would look silly sitting on an egg."

— Author Unknown

xx
Cheeky mr fox

Started by asd1 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post June 24, 2011, 21:46
by asd1
xx
Cheeky Chickens

Started by DMT2011 on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post March 25, 2011, 17:26
by andreadon
xx
Those cheeky Ducks!

Started by min200 on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post November 26, 2011, 08:19
by min200
xx
Cheeky Cilla

Started by NormandyMary on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post March 25, 2012, 14:53
by bantam novice

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 39 queries.