What grows best in containers?

• 2 Replies

adri

• Experienced Member
    • peak hives
What grows best in containers?
« on: October 13, 2014, 15:02 »
Plannng next year in the PT.  I noticed this year that everything that was grown in the raised beds did better than the same thing if grown in containers.  Quite understandable but...is there anything that definitely will do better in pots than the raised beds?  I'm using the flower buckets so they are quite big containers.

TIA

Adri
Peak Hives

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: What grows best in containers?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 15:56 »
Toms and cucs will do OK in flower buckets.

Would avoid something larger like courgettes.

What else do you grow?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: What grows best in containers?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 17:18 »
Sweet and chilli peppers don't seem to mind having their roots confined in a container, plus they are much easier to move should you want to over-winter them (e.g. in your house.)

Having said that, my greenhouse sits on concrete hard standing so everything is grown in containers of one sort or another (almost any container is better than those skinny cheapo growbags!  :ohmy:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 38 queries.