What a day to spend a day - hopeless

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

What a day to spend a day - hopeless
« on: October 30, 2022, 12:57 »
I spent a good while on Friday morning placing a supermarket click and collect order for tomorrow.  It had a few heavy things in it ie:  bleach etc.    When I got to the check out, although they have all of my card details which have been used before, It requested using the bank card reader.
At this point I must explain that I now have three of these, because they do not work.   Imagine my frustration for it to reject the last one.      I rang my bank and got a man who had a strong accent and I couldn't understand most of what he was saying  (being so very deaf doesn't help).  I suggested that I register for online banking to see if it would avoid this card reader.   We started to go through this procedure, but you need  mobile phone to get a code.  I don't have a mobile phone !!  I told him this.  I am not sure if he understood me, I think he had two calls going together, and he was obviously very far away.
He is now going to send me a card reader for on-line banking.  He was asking me for the numbers on the back of the ones I have, then I realised to was a different reader.
I then explained about my shopping and HE had my money and I wanted to spend it.   He just didn't get it.
He said to hold on and listen to the music.  This I did for 18 minutes.  He came back andsaid, if I went to my shopping the payment would go through.
I went back to my order and the time delivery slot had expired, so I did a new one, went to pay and it failed.
No shopping, no online banking, blood pressure mega high I expect and no card readers that work and a very big thumbs down to my bank.
I am truly not sure what to do next about the bank.     Thank you, if you have taken time to read this.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: What a day to spend a day - hopeless
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 10:51 »
I feel for your frustration! Technology is ok if you can get your head around it without too much trouble, but when things like this happen it can get very stressful indeed. We do some on-line shopping and pay for it so it can be delivered at whatever time you choose rather than pick it up. Would that be a better option for you?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Lardman

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 11:03 »
We do some on-line shopping and pay for it so it can be delivered at whatever time you choose rather than pick it up. Would that be a better option for you?

Same problem, it's the move by the card providers to two factor authentication, its a huge pain the rear.  I've also lost delivery slots whilst I hunted round for my phone (which usually has a flat battery) and my glasses so I can read it just to get an authorisation code. Wouldn't really mind but its usually the same supermarket, roughly the same price and same day as normal you'd think the system could work out it's a genuine transaction.

Sansbods even do it to log in when you want to check if there's a delivery slot  :mad:

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 09:38 »
Ah, I see what you mean. We've had the occasional call giving us the authorisation code for an order and, though it's a faff, at least they're trying to cut down on fraud.

xx
I've just had a bit of a spend!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post March 12, 2018, 14:51
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 39 queries.