Bread the stuff of life

• 527 Replies

chrissie B

Re: Bread the stuff of life
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2016, 14:12 »
The programme  is glora hunnifords trouth or scare got me thinking if my flour had enouh stuff in it ive checked the packs of flour andthey have a.ll the stuff but i use lidl flour which makes a good loaf there are no measurements and the same on the sainsburys flour .
Chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

chrissie B

« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2016, 12:35 »
Hoping todays bread baking will be better than wedensdays as it fell far below par creating 2 loafes one white and one seeded brown ,today im doing 2 large white and some stottie buns fingers crossed and a stickie bun for the bread fairy .
Chrissie b

Beekissed

« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2016, 13:18 »
My mother is making bread as I type this and that rhythmic kneading sound of her working the bread is just hypnotic...love that sound!  The only thing better would be if my hands were working the dough instead of hers, as I love that soothing rhythm and tactile sensation of when the bread turns just right under your hands.  Those old hands of hers have formed many, many loaves in her 81 yrs and I used to watch her with much joy when I was little, just watching that dough being turned and kneaded over and over.  Some things never change in this world and one is the sight of a woman with flour up her arms, pressing her hands into a ball of dough. 

chrissie B

« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2016, 15:31 »
That was nice , i think the mojos backtodays effort.
1456587217605.jpg

Beekissed

« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2016, 18:51 »
The house smells like bread and cake.....   :)

snowdrops

« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2016, 18:53 »
They all look yummy.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

chrissie B

« Reply #321 on: March 08, 2016, 13:27 »
They look professional  the round one we bouht all the time in greece with seasame seeds , its called a margarita i think because of the daisy shape. .
chrissie b

Snoop

« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2016, 08:59 »
Yours look good too, chrissie B. The rolls in particular. Did you use the same dough as for the loaves?

chrissie B

« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2016, 11:15 »
No snoop they are stottie buns , my first batch were quite deep these are the second batch i made just a little thinner , going to do some for the freezer for easter , they are great for burgers .
chrissie b

chrissie B

« Reply #324 on: March 12, 2016, 21:20 »
Well survived another baking lesson with daughter , next time its at her house , she did help with the dishes .
Chrissie b

chrissie B

« Reply #325 on: April 09, 2016, 14:36 »
Weekend bread making held up for the repair of my cooker again the mans now been 3 times , its my small oven luckily it turnes itself off now we have it from the last repair to being able to cook on high if it goes down to 3 it goes off , ive told him people will start to talk seing him arrive so many times fingers crossed please .
chrissie b

chrissie B

« Reply #326 on: April 12, 2016, 16:03 »
Tryed some french bread today ended up with 4 small ones that merged but they are nice and crispy got to get one of those  red thingys .
chrissie b
1460473382349.jpg

snowdrops

« Reply #327 on: April 12, 2016, 18:01 »
They look lovely Christine, like the very brown(burnt) bit, that would be my bit😊

chrissie B

« Reply #328 on: April 12, 2016, 18:38 »
Me too , just had half the french loaf chees and home made chutney which only seems to get better with age , they were ok but not there yet , the mix seemed a bit loose and my tin was too short so i cut then in half and they all merged together but were ok i need one of those tins .

Beekissed

« Reply #329 on: April 25, 2016, 02:18 »
Made four big loaves today of just plain white bread....crusty, sweet and soft.  No matter how many times I make bread, I never seem to get enough of the feeling of kneading that dough, punching it down to proof again and again.  That texture, springiness and the smell just brings back so many good memories of childhood! 

Turned out good.  I am always joyful when it turns out well.   :)

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 43 queries.