barking dogs!

• 28 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
barking dogs!
« on: September 21, 2010, 15:48 »
Next doors 2 yorkies have been yapping all afternoon.
I've cut the grass yap yap yap, I strimmed the edges and the rough grass at the back yap yap yap.
I weeded 2 flower beds yap yap yap
I sat down on my bench for a coffee..you guessed it  :mad:
I came inside to get away from it but they're still at it :(

Is there anything that I can do to stop them barking....do those 'noise' things work in training them, cos I'd rather avoid a row with the neighbours.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: barking dogs!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 15:57 »
which noise things do you mean? the collar things that give a puff of stuff? the electric shock ones? How about if the neighbour is out blasting them with a water pistol?
Staffies are softer than you think.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 16:07 »
I thought that I'd seen noise guns that you point at them when they bark?  :wacko:

The neighbours are at home, just able to ignore them..... I suppose it's like children ..if you are used to the noise you can 'clock a deaf'un'  :(

newatthis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 16:09 »
hi, sorry to hear your having problems with next doors dogs, i'll hold my hands up to this problem as my brother who lives next door to me moaned about my dog barking to much  ::) all she did was bark at the kids walking past the gate at the bottom of my garden, but i take her out 2 times a day both the allotment and she loes it there, and i have to take her dog training once a week to try and train her not to bark at things i;e other dogs/ people, she has olny been twice so far and already she seems to be a bit quiter, we have also stopped having the back door open 12 hours aday we let her out for a wee and poo, and she comes back in, we also stopped leaving her outside all day to cut back,
May be there is a reason why next doors dogs barked, have they been left outside and the door shut and was the owner in or out, may be you could bring it up in converstion with your neighbour, ask if he/she is ok, and if she asks why just say that the dogs where barking all day today and i woundered if you was ok,
hope you can sort it out with out fulling out with the neighbour( not like me, i've not spoke to my brother since he moaned, he sent a message via face book telling me to shut the f###ing dog up or get rid)
zoe pattinson :)

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 16:15 »
Do you mean this kind of thing, Mum?

:)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 16:18 »
You see ....I'm not mad  :lol:

I would like to know if they actually work, before I buy one  ;)

joyfull

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 16:21 »
nobody said you were (but obviously a little bit paranoid and think we all think you're mad  :lol:).
Never seen those things before though so can't comment  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 16:28 »
Joy, it's me that thinks I'm mad  :lol:.........but occasionally I manage to prove to myself that I'm not suffering from senile dementia .......yet :lol:

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 16:28 »
My sympathies Newatthis, but at least you are addressing the problem,

Our neighbours have two collies who bark and bark. A lot of their problem is that they are shut in cages in the garage a lot of the time, and the rest of the time they are shut in a pen outside, one kennel so there is always one outside in all weather. If the weather is nice they might get a short walk, but any other time they get the leads out is to let them onto the playing field to have a dump then back in. Doesn't pick up of course. So I can understand why working types like that are always asking for attention, they absolutely adore their owners but the only time they're touched is to put a lead on. They bark like crazy if the owners are in the garden, and they shout over them rather than asking them to shut up. You only have to say quiet and they are, but one sunny day we were sitting out in the garden and the dogs were barking and owners shouting over the top and OH yelled"can't you shut those flippin' dogs up", next thing there's a police car outside, he'd dialled 999 because he felt threatened! Talk about wasting Police time. Neighbours the other side got involved and it was sorted in two miutes. They've got a dax that lives in the house too, he barks for a couple of hours when they go out. When Dave mentioned it they said they didn't realise cos they had no neighbours where they lived before.
We're lucky that ours only bark in play, but I do make them be quiet if it is 4.30am, but they get it out of their systems when next door go out.

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 16:31 »

Joy, it's me that thinks I'm mad  :lol:.........but occasionally I manage to prove to myself that I'm not suffering from senile dementia .......yet :lol:

Well that's settled then, we don't think you're mad and you don't think that we think you're mad and you're the only one who thinks you're mad!  :lol: Sorry I haven't any experience of one of those devices, I've only heard of them.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 16:40 »

Well that's settled then, we don't think you're mad and you don't think that we think you're mad and you're the only one who thinks you're mad!  :lol: Sorry I haven't any experience of one of those devices, I've only heard of them.

are you trying to drive me mad  :unsure:

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 16:41 »
Who me? Not paranoid are you?  :wacko:

joyfull

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 16:44 »
it's all them voices, you know  :lol:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 20:55 »
it's all them voices, you know  :lol:

You mean the ones which go 'woof'  ::) :tongue2: 8)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 21:09 »
Them's the ones  :tongue2:  :lol:

xx
4 dogs, 4 horses

Started by white-blazes on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post November 07, 2010, 18:59
by white-blazes
xx
my dogs have some thing to say..

Started by gizooty on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post December 06, 2009, 20:17
by too many girls
xx
Dogs (don't you just love them)

Started by danfinn1 on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post February 09, 2016, 20:53
by Trikidiki
xx
my dogs ears

Started by chrissie B on Pets without Feathers

5 Replies
Last post November 07, 2013, 19:55
by Growster...

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 39 queries.