newbiee

• 4 Replies

lighty

newbiee
« on: June 22, 2011, 21:30 »
hello all, got an allotment today and is cover in weeds i know it'll take some hard work but was after all the advice i could get from sectioning out beds to preparing soil.
any help will be great
thanks

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: newbiee
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 21:37 »
Welcome to the site lighty  :D

It will help us to answer some of your questions if you could edit your forum profile (click your username) to show your general location.

Underneath the banner at the top of the page, you'll see a heading called Growing Help.  There are allotment articles on that page, including clearing the plot and planning the plot.

That's probably the best place to start looking as otherwise it's a very wide question that you've asked  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

catweazle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 22:47 »
what kind of weeds you got? different weeds need different ways of doing things...

welcome by the way

cooperman

• Experienced Member
  • glass bottle bottle glass
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 23:49 »
hiya and welcome

if its a local council site I'd ask the site agent (politely) to strim off the top growth for you, they should do this without a problem.....
Death OR Cake ???

AlotArds

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 00:36 »
Hi Lightly - it's a bit late to plant a lot of stuff so I would suggest your give the bit you won't be using this year a good couple of doses of roundUp,  that should sit you up for next year.

Page created in 0.467 seconds with 28 queries.