Returning to Lay after Molting!!

• 2 Replies

Daisyd0g

Returning to Lay after Molting!!
« on: January 03, 2012, 17:29 »
Well it looks like Bunty is about to return to the land of egg producing after about a 3 month break and OMG what a performance she is making of it!!  :mad:

for the last week or so she has been announcing to me and the entire area that there is an egg in the making, and her wattles and comb have got bigger and redder and she is eating ALOT!

Today I felt sure it was the morning, I was poo picking and she came in and started fussing around in the nesting box, so I packed up and moved out, went out an hour or so later and she was still stood in the box ANNOUNCING.  I went out again a while later and nothing, nada, nought, but a lovely nest she had made!!

It is almost as exciting as my first ever egg, I haven't had an egg since the beginning of November and all my girls are done with their molt.

I have to laugh at the performance my little drama queen is putting in though  :D
1 hubby, 2 dogs, 4 chooks... and want MORE!!

Daisy - Catahoula Leopard Dog,
Tilly - English Springer Spainel

Tittie - RIR, Babs- Silver Laced Wayndotte, Bunty - Barred Rock, Ginger - Gold Laced Wayndotte.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Returning to Lay after Molting!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 23:24 »
You might be disappointed as she may come into lay and be broody if she is making such a fuss about it.   :ohmy:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Daisyd0g

Re: Returning to Lay after Molting!!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 00:09 »
Well what will be will be and if that happens then we will get through it!

At the moment I shall just enjoy her Oscar worthy performance for what it is!!!

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 35 queries.